News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Multiple downloads creted after Batch [Solved]

Started by pippo8765, 11.09.2020 12:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

pippo8765

I think I found it: combination of server and browser!
I am using Firefox, latest, 80... something. Always updated.
So, all in all: server on windows + Firefox browser -> for some reason seems like form is cached, cache not cleaned and form resubmitted in Batch process.

I disabled and unistalled all addons, just to be sure, though I am using only 3-4 standard, add blocker blahblah. It's not up to them! Firefox is preventing cache clean in combination with Windows version of server (php + Apache).

If you know how to deal with this - great. So it might happen. It's not up to your code, I don't know how to prevent this. I don't know how Joomla core stuff works and the rest is not...

Chrome works like a charm, of course.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the updateThat accounts for it happening on my XAMPP web sites but not o when using Firefox testing where I have the Empty Cache Button extsion installed.  Always using it when testing to ensure a clean site!!!

Have you reported this to Firefox?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pippo8765

It's totally crazy. Now in 10 successive copies I made, 4 of them were doubled, 6 were regular.
I don't know what to write to Mozilla, I would! I am trying to see what might be  wrong with my server settings, always doubting myself first. But it works with Chrome, Edge and even Mozilla Developer Edition 100% correct.
I uninstalled all add-ons, so plain Firefox is also causing this error. I am trying to see if request is sent more than once or it's some cache left behind. I just installed that addon for cleaning cache, though I am always doing it manually because of developers actions.

[16/Sep/2020:09:48:09 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:09 +0200] "GET /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 200 70877

[16/Sep/2020:09:48:39 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:39 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:40 +0200] "GET /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 200 81621

That first part of login is when it happened correct. Immediately after that I copied another one and it created 2 consecutive POST requests, making of course 2 copies. It's like I clicked twice. Also, timestamp is exactly the same.
I know this goes beyond JDownloads now, thank you for your time.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
With my testing the problem only seems to happen on the XAMPP sites with Firefox.On a web based site I have not had it happen!!
Most strange. :(
The XAMPP I am using has PHP 7.2
Think you are using WAMP.  Is that correct?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pippo8765

Yes. For me WAMP + Firefox = problem. All other combinations not.
Is your XAMPP on Linux or Windows?
  •  

Arno

Okay. I use xampp only with Chrome or Brave. And have no problems with this.  ;)

Thank you pippo for so desperately wanting to find the reason! Good Job!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •