News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Multiple downloads creted after Batch [Solved]

Started by pippo8765, 11.09.2020 12:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

pippo8765

When I choose Batch for selected download (just one) and then Copy with assigned file, as result I get 2 copies in desired category.

This is a Browser problem
  •  

Arno

Hi pippo,
strange. I know that I had this a long time ago a few times. But I could never reproduce it.
I think I need more information to find the reason.

Are you sure that this happen every times? Also with categories?
Are the Downloads from subcategories?  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pippo8765

Hi Arno,
yes, it happens no matter where the source is. From subcategory to category, from cat to cat, no matter. Creates duplicates. Latest Joomla, just installed, latest JDownloads, updated from 3.9.4 to 3.9.5, testing grounds...
php 7.3.21. Nothing heavy in Joomla, all fresh, as said - just installed with some of my default stuff, JD being one of them.
  •  

pippo8765

Also,
file is not copied when I select "Copy with assigned file". Only one instance of a file remains in original folder.
As for Move - same thing. Only one file stays in it's original folder.
I'll also try to see if it's somethinng on my side.
If someone else is experiencing, please say so. Thanks Arno.
  •  

Arno

Thanks pippo. We will check this part again intensively.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pippo8765

Thank you very much. I am also trying to conclude when this actually happens, since after so many clicks I got here and there that it copies only once sometimes, but have no idea why for now. Most of times it creates 2 copies. What I am sure of is that it does not copy file to new category folder. It never happens. I am on Windows, all permissions for that ok, local machine, WAMP server blahblah... So pretty much should do the work.
I am also staring at batch and batchCopy functions in model, so if something comes to my mind I'll write.
  •  

Arno

Hi pippo,
thanks a lot for your help and the information about your test environment.  :)
I hope I have tomorrow the time for it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi pippo,
when you want you could test the fixed file below.
Please copy the unzipped file to: /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/models/
and overwrite the original file.

Files should now be copied correctly when selected.
Please post here your results.

By the way, I could not reproduce the 'double' items at the moment.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pippo8765

Hi Arno,
yes, files are being copied now. Multiple downloads remains. I am still trying to figure out why that happens. Strange you can not replicate it. Also, for now I have no conclusion WHEN it happens. For me it does not happen, then I repeat same procedure - it duplicates. No matter cat to cat or cat to subcat or vice versa. Drives me crazy hahahaha!
Thank you for quick files fix, saw what you did.
  •  

Arno

Hi pippo,
thanks for the result.
Yes the double Downloads creation is a mysterious thing.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pippo8765

Hi Arno, I have both good and bad news. Bad news mostly for me, good for most people, but I think it should be here, so maybe it's more common thing, so latest update on this:

on my local dev machine I run Windows and have WAMP installed. Pretty default config for server, nothing special. I tested 3 different versions of php (7.0.x, 7.2.x and 7.3.x) all give me same result: doubling batch requests (no matter which options I choose). Here and there it happens that it doensn't, but 99% it makes 2 instances. What I tested more is that it does the SAME THING WITH CATEGORIES! So - batch process category -> makes 2 categories. Also, I tested 3.2.69 version - SAME THING HAPPENS.

Good news is that I tested it on our production server here, Linux blahblah,  more serious - ALL WORKS FINE! My guess is that most people are not using WAMP or integrated solutions except for developing purposes, so it won't be so common. Question still remains - why it happens. I'll try to figure it out somehow...
Cheers, thank you for your excellent work.

•  

Arno

Hi pippo,
thanks a lot for your lot of tests. So I will not more time spend at this. Good message.

By the way, have you the same result when you use the batch for articles?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pippo8765

Just came here to write you that hahaha!
No, articles work fine, just tested. Categories also, Joomla categories.
  •  

Arno

Okay. Thanks for this hint. So it could also be really a jD problem. 
We will see...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pippo8765

Hi again,
just to let you know that your extension is not the only one with this anomaly. I also tested K2 now - same thing!
Seems like only thing that is acting normal is Joomla core stuff: articles and categories. I also used another Windows server and it acts like my dev server. Maybe it's Windows? Is there anyone else who can do tests like this? Thanks.

It won't be a problem if you keep an eye on it, but it's not supposed to work that way :)))

I hope we narrow the problem even more. I might try with earlier Joomla versions now.
  •