News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

search engine

Started by 614cooker, 09.09.2020 17:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

Hello,
   Just a quick question which has probably been asked many time. I have searched the forums and looked at the documentation. I know the standard Jdownloads search can have a selection of regions for example search only in title or description.

I am having a very hard job finding how to implement this part in the search.

I have tried many different settings and templates but cant seem to find how to add this part into the search engine.

The search part on my website has  the following search for

-All words   -Any words   -Exact Phrase
Ordering:   
Newest First

but nothing for search only in title or description ect, ect.

its more then likely ive missed something or just im missing something from the documentation but if someone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Matt.
  •  

Arno

Hi Matt,
I think a option setting like this does not exist. Sorry.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

614cooker

Im just going by the jdownloads documentation

https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/general-items-v3-2/using-jdownloads-search

you can see that in the documentation in the screenshots it has got this feature
search only in :
title, description, meta ect.

I would like to know how to get my search part of jdownloads to do the same thing so users can choose to search only in the title or description.
  •  

Arno

Hi Matt,
you have right. Maybe I had something misunderstood. Sorry.

But what have you changed to get only the few options? Are you sure that you use not an override?
I need a little more time to check this. jDownloads is so extensive so it is not possible to have all in my mind.  :-[
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There is an article at
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/using-jdownloads-search
which might help.
Note this uses the simple Search not the Smat Search.  Make sure you have enabled the Search - Downloads plugin in Extensions - Plugins
Colin
Colin M
  •