News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Assign a download to Multiple Categories! Please help

Started by ibrahim, 06.09.2020 04:00:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello all, I would like to assign a download to Multiple Categories. As there som other extensions that can be done for Joomla contents to in Multiple Categories.
Please if you know the solution to solve/upgrade really waited years now.

You can check:
CW Multicategories
Multiple Categories for K2 Pro

I can see you the installation files to check the structure to do it Multiple Categories. Hope to get a positive answer.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Your wait is nearly over!  This form of capability is available in jD3.95.5 jD3.9.5 which is just about to be released.The simplest way is to use the Batch facility see
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/general-items-v3-9/batch-processing
What it does NOT do is to allow specifying multiple categories when you first create a Download.  Thus you create a Download as usual and then ypu can use the batch facility.  The reasoning here is that the batch facility allows copying the Download either also copying the downloadable file or referencing the file from its original location.  Also in the batch process you can do this for multiple Downloads.  The referencing is my preference as usually the downloadable file is the largest part.

Changing the Download creaion process to add multiple category selections is much more complex coding.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Thanks for the quick response, really you made me glad! I will startup upgrading to jD3.9.5 and testing around.
  •  

ibrahim

Dear ColinM, the  jD3.9.5 is released but still cannot choose more than one category. And to make a patch it's not a good idea I don't want to duplicate downloads. thnk when the user downloaded a file, but later when he searches he can be lead to the duplicated in this way it will show he must before download.
I use CW Multicategories for articles to be in 3 or more categories, but this hasn't any effect on jDownload, man I wish to solve this issue.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you create a download it is first only assigned to one category.
But you can use the Batch facility in the Backend to copy one or more Downloads to another category.  The result is that the Download appears in multiple categories.

For more info seehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/general-items-v3-9/batch-processing#downloadsYou need the Copy with reference file option
It is different from the way CW Multicategories works as it is only dealing with database entries, and of course that is its sole function.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Dear ColinM! It's not a good idea to use Batch to be duplicate downloads. think if a user downloaded a file and later he been lead to the same download but will show at he never downloaded or paid for.
  •