News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

HELP! Correct incomplete downloads

Started by aryssemus, 04.09.2020 17:35:13

Previous topic - Next topic

aryssemus

We recently updated the website that hosts our jDownloader. When this happened our cpanel changed from "qi0...." to "s5t..." and it appears this has caused several issues. The problem I am experiencing is that when my customers download software. The download will complete but files will be missing.

The original error message I received was,

"Error! Upload root directory /home/gi0.../public_html/jdownloads does not exist.

Please create it with an ftp program such as FileZilla and use that to set the directories access right to CHMOD 0755 - otherwise jDownloads will not work. See FAQ for more on setting file access right"

When I changed the settings to cpanel, "s5t..." this error message went away, but the problem remains.

I then changed the public_html folder and all subfolders to 755.

The Error message I am no getting states,

"Last internal messages (actions) during Download directories monitoring
Delete this log list
Thursday, 03 September 2020 23:41:
Category not found RS-SQL 5.12
Category not found Extras"

RS-SQL 5.12 is the folder that holds the download I am wishing to work.

How should I proceed? Thanks!!!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteWe recently updated the website that hosts our jDownloader. When this happened our cpanel changed from "qi0...." to "s5t..." and it appears this has caused several issues.
Sorry but I do not understand what you mean here.

I need this information:
- which version from jDownloads have you tried to update?

When you have tried to upgrade to 3.9.x:
- what have you get for an update result?
- have you created a backup before you run the update?
- which MySQL version is installed on your server?

Edit:
Maybe I understand not exactly what happens on your website... it seems that you have not updated jDownloads self? Only Joomla instead? I'm confused.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

aryssemus

Thank you for the reply!

That could be the case (updated Joomla but not jDownloader) I'm taking over this project from an employee who is no longer available. The change was made just before he departed.

We are using jDownloader 3.2.69  . I have not tried to upgrade. Should I?

MySQL   5.6.47

The Cpanel login on the website host is "s4xxxxxxxxxm". For some reason the cpanel number inside jdownload stated, "qi0...."

I'm not sure if the previous employee backup anything before doing the update.
  •  

Arno

Sometimes makes the hoster weekly or so an backup. So maybe should you contact him.

An upgrade from jDownloads seems me not useful in the moment. But when you can send me login data for the Joomla backend and the phpmyadmin I could try to check the problem.

Please let us use PM for communication.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

aryssemus

Thansks for the advice.

As a company police i can't provide login information for you. But thank you for the offer.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to fix the problem?
  •  

Arno

Okay I understand. So we must try to help you without this access.  ;)

What do you mean with:
QuoteThe Cpanel login on the website host is "s4xxxxxxxxxm". For some reason the cpanel number inside jdownload stated, "qi0...."
Have you moved your website to another hoster or only to another server?

For me it seems to be a problem with the jdownloads files folder setting.
What for a folder state is displayed in the jD configuration (TAB Downloads)? See pic.

By the way, have you contact your hoster for a backup restoration request?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure what you mean with the CPanel :(

You wrote
QuoteWhen this happened our cpanel changed from "qi0...." to "s5t..." and it appears this has caused several issues.
I hope my interpretation of what has happened is correct.

jDownloads does not use the cpanel info but it does use the user name as allocated by the hosting service.  This would appear in any FTP setup as the 'user'.  So if you changed your web provider the your web address would be the same but the 'user' would have a different name.

So do you perhaps mean the the setting of the 'Upload directory path' in Configuration - Downloads?Typically it has contents such as "/home/<user>/public_html/jdownloads/  - it is a so called absolute path.  Your web site hosting service should be able to confirm.

Assumming that was the case then if the'Upload directory path' is wrong then any uploads made whilst it was incorrect would have been lost but the database entry would have been made so that now you may well have some Downloads with no downloadable file.  Also of course no one would have been able to Download.
After correcting the 'Upload directory path' for the new site then existing Downloads would work except for those with no downloadable file.

In the backend - Downloads  you can recognise a Download with no downloadable file as it has a red symbol as shown in the attached pic You can sort by the column heading,  and of course add the missing file.
Also please do not upgrade at the moment as that will possibly complicate matters.

Hope I have analysed this ok - please let us know
ColinM
Colin M
  •