News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jdownloads tree module [Solved - not a bug]

Started by boboman, 03.09.2020 10:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

boboman

Since upgrading to version 3.9.4 I am experiencing difficulties with the jdownloads tree module
1) There are 2 parent categories configured but only 1 in is displayed (http://www.alveleyandromsleypc.org.uk/index.php/extensions). "Meetings and Minutes" should be displayed as well as "*** Documents"
2) Some of the sub-category links no longer work and users get a 404 page not found error when they click on a link for example *** Documents -> 2020-2021 Documents
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
We have found a problem with subcategories and it has been solved in the forth coming 3.9.5
This is undergoing test and is expected very soon. There is a pre release version at
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12128.msg45112

But please only use on a test site or if you have a backup I have tested it myself and it looks ok - but tests are still ongoing
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi boboman,
I have tested some from your downloads and could not find any problems. Have you installed the pre-release 3.9.5?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

boboman

Arno,

No I haven't upgraded to the 3.9.5 yet. The problem still exists, only certain sub-category links work in the "official documents" section at the bottom of the page, http://www.alveleyandromsleypc.org.uk/index.php/extensions. For example the 2016-17 Documents link works but the 2020-2021 documents link does not (frontend.png).
Also, the module should be showing the Minutes & Agendas sub-categories (backend.png) but I cannot get these to display on the front end view

Regards,

Adrian
  •  

Arno

Hi Adrian,
have you tried the other option 'exclude'?
When you select no categories it is correct viewed?

This module was not created from me. I have it only modified for the newer jD releases.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hm. I have now see that you have in the module a very different link structure. ???
I will try to check this more in detail.

Have all the listed categories the same user access settings?

Can it be that you have not created (and published) a jDownloads menu item?

And you are sure that this problem exists first since the upgrade?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi Adrian,
I think the problem with the invalid links can you solve in this way:

1. Create in the Backend a new menu and name it 'Hidden' (see the first three pics below)
2. Create a new jDownloads menu item and select as menu module the previously created (fourth pic)

As result should be now the links in the tree module (and some others) correct.

Please note that normally must always exist a frontend menu item for jDownloads. But it is not a must that he is visible.  ;)

Please tell me the result and also what happens with the missing categories.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

boboman

Arno,

Thanks for your help. Following the guidance and creating a back-end menu (hidden) has fixed the display issues with the module

Regards,

Adrian
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have modified the Tree Module Documentation to include the need for the List All Categories menu itemHave used a slightly different method of hiding.https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/tree-module
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Okay Colin.
To prevent in the future issues like this I will add another backend check in the admin stats module. So we can give the admin a hint. Like the other one about the Override warning.

Fact is that normally must always exist a jDownloads menu type to get it working as expected.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •