News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Content Encoding Error when Check Download Area - [Not reproducable!]

Started by linkedla, 02.09.2020 18:10:24

Previous topic - Next topic

linkedla

Hello,
I'm getting this error when clicking on the Check Download Area button,

Content Encoding Error

An error occurred during a connection to site

also the monitoring is not adding new files uploaded.
The installation is an upgrade from 3.2 to 3.9 that reported successfully updated at the time it happened. Please help.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We have found that some users with MySQL release less than 5.7 have database errors causing strange effects.  This has been corrected in the foth coming 3.9.5
But to correct the database you need to go back to the jD 3.2 series as described in
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
If you need any help with this please ask
ColinPS the 'official ' reqirement for jDownloads is a MySQL of 5.7 or higher.  This has been relaxed in the forthcoming 3.9.5 release.The challenge became much more apparent as many websites use a MariaDB and it is not clear with which version of MariaDB is  compatible!!
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi linkedia,
which jDownloads version have you installed in the moment?
And in the old version it has worked?

But could also be a browser problem. Have you cleared all caches?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

linkedla

Hello Guys, thank you for your answers,
I started with JDownloads 3.2, updated to 3.9, then the problem started,
I have:
Database Version    5.5.5-10.3.24-MariaDB
PHP Version    7.3.20
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.9.21 Stable [ Amani ] 25-August-2020 15:00 GMT.
Arno, yes, I even try different browser, I use FireFox.
Many thanks, I think if the problem is solved in the next update I can wait, so I can avoid the rolling back.  :)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Which version of jD do you have now?
Is it jD3.9.5 or an earlier one
Colin
Colin M
  •  

linkedla

jDownloads Version 3.9.4  ;D

But just updated to jDownloads Version 3.9.5 and the problem persist.  :-[
  •  

Arno

QuoteBut just updated to jDownloads Version 3.9.5 and the problem persist.
Yes, but I think that jDownloads has not really to do with it. Nobody else has posted a problem like this until today. But I will see what I can do.

I'm not sure, but maybe could you test the monitoring process with activated Joomla debug option? And check what you see on additional output (errors)? When yes, please send it me via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

linkedla

Thank you for your answer Arno,
I did try Google Chrome and it just go to a blank screen like nothing is happening there, so I also try the Firefox config stuff, all was in default status, but maybe the instruction I got is for an older version, I keep trying to check and find a solution for this, hopefully also you can see the problem on your side and share some light to me.

Thank you!
  •  

Arno

Quotehopefully also you can see the problem on your side and share some light to me.
No one else (or I) has this problem.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •