News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to update 3.2.69 to 3.9

Started by skysegel, 29.08.2020 13:51:12

Previous topic - Next topic

skysegel

How is the update working from 3.2.69 up to 3.9 if the installationprocess is waiting for a version 3.2.70 and this programm isn't available in downloadsection? Is a version 3.2.70 existing if yes where do I find this??
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We have found a database anomaly with some database versions that cause a corrupted installation.
As a quick way to prevent users having problems there was a simple change to the jD3.9 installation to check for jD 3.2.70 which is not available yet!!!
Please see the note in
https://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/category/6-jdownloads.html
for the 3.9.4 release.
We believe the source of the problem has been identified and it is related to which version og MySQL or the MariaDB that a site is using.
More later

Colin
Colin M
  •  

metalfire

Hi!

So who have this problem (like me) have to wait the release of the 3.2.70 and than upgrade to 3.9?
Or we hava no chance to migrate and we have to redo all the stuff from scratch? :'(
  •  

belini

I have the same issue.
I see, in this URL (https://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/category/6-jdownloads.html), the request to not update yet.
Waiting for solution, I am sure you will be successful in resolving the issue. 8)
  •  

Arno

Hi belini,
we need a few users which want to test the upgrade from 3.2.x.
When you are interested to try it send me a short PM.
This means also that every other user can contact me.
Thanks.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Quote from: metalfire on 03.09.2020 11:35:55
Hi!

So who have this problem (like me) have to wait the release of the 3.2.70 and than upgrade to 3.9?
Or we hava no chance to migrate and we have to redo all the stuff from scratch? :'(

We have the next version ready. But we need still a few tests. Want you to try it?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

mercomtw

We have the same problem here. I can be your Testdummy. What should i do. (besides learning english)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you are welcome. You can find the current pre-release here:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12128.0

But we have in the last night get two results that not all bugs are really fixed (for users which use older MySQL versions).
I work on it today and need later again some test users.

All testers should be the possibility to try an upgrade from the old version 3.2.69.
Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

mercomtw

the update worked. mysql version 5.7.21 on a local wampp server.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks :)   This helps us confirm that the 'challenge' is with the earlier versions of MySQL
Think we have to make a decision about checking level of MySQL and other databases like MariaDB so as not to hold up all users.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

mercomtw

after my success yesterday i wanted to try it on the productive server and failed with the following error:
1054 Unknown column 'file_id' in 'field list'

after updating the page, however, everything was OK, the downloads also work. MySQL-Version on the Productive Server is 5.7.25
  •  

ColinM

Hi
One of the data base modifications is to change'file_id' to 'id' to be compliant with Joomla! usage.
You wrote
Quoteafter updating the page, however, everything was OK, the downloads also work.
Just for clarity did you just refresh the page?  By say clearing the cache or going to another page and the returning?I ask because if the page was already open when you updated it would still have jD3.2 code in it and that would explain the your observation.
If that does turn out to be the situation I will add a note to the documentation.
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

mercomtw

exactly, I just reloaded the page. the page was opened in a different tab during the update.

Ich kann in deutsch nochmal genau ausführen wie das Update abgelaufen ist:
Das Update wurde mit der besagten Fehlermeldung beendet, daraufhin habe ich den Tab mit der Webseite geöffnet und mit F5 aktualisiert, die Seite war daraufhin weiß. Nach nochmaligem aktualisieren wurde die Seite wieder normal geladen. Im Backend das gleiche, es war nur das Menü zu sehen und nach F5 war auch das Backend zu sehen.
  •  

mercomtw

In my history I can just see that on August 13th, 2020 I updated version 3.2.68 (installed on May 25th, 2020) directly to v3.9.1 for a customer without problems.
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •