News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

1054 Unknown column 'c.created_by' in 'on clause'

Started by postema, 26.08.2020 14:34:12

Previous topic - Next topic

postema

please help me to get this component running properly

i had it installed for future use en just upgraded is to 3.9 (joomla is fully up to date)

now i get errors in the backend on viewing th downloads (1054 Unknown column 'c.created_by' in 'on clause') an the categories (1054 Unknown column 'catid' in 'where clause')

some database conversion problem as it seems

the rest is working

can someone please help me out
  •  

postema

okay, since i had not information stored in this component (checked al the tables in the database)

uninstalling the component, removing all the related tables from the database and installing the new version of this component again solved my problem.

this is probably not the preferred solution, but quick and dirty, it solved my problem. i now have a clean and working, up-to-date version of this component.

greetings, Hans Postema
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the info. Have you get by the first installation any 'Installation Successful' message?
It seems that some users get a problem when the update process tried to actualize some database fields. But it is not easy for us to find the reason.  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

postema

see chrisu's post: also got the Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes. message on first install and also on a strato account (mysql version 5.6)

wish you luck finding out what went wrong

greetings Hans postema
  •  

Arno

Hi Hans,
yes the problem is the installed MySQL version 5.6.
In this is the variable innodb_large_prefix not always activated.

Read informations here:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_large_prefix

In the jDownloads requirements list in the documentation is also noted as MySQL version 5.7.
But I had this not checked in the upgrade script and nobody has posted this problem with the beta in 11 months.

When you have a backup you should try to restore it. Then you could work again with the old 3.2 version until we have a clean solution.
It exist also a tutorial to go back to jD 3.2 here.

Or you send me login data via PM for backend and phpMyAdmin. Then I can fix the 3.9.x tables manually.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

postema

•