News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Layouts cause error 500

Started by funfactor, 24.08.2020 16:45:15

Previous topic - Next topic

funfactor

Hello,

thanks for your component which I really like to use. Unfortunatly after the update from 3.2.69 to 3.9.1 an error occurs...one that I can not solve.

I am having serveral individual layouts which all got imported to the new version...I can see them and choose the standard layout in the options of the content plugin. But as soon as I tried to edit the layout itself, I do get the following error:
500 Unknown column 'a.uses_bootstrap' in 'field list' .
I have no clou what to do... I tried to install the component 3.9.2 via the extention manager, but that causes a different warning Unknown column 'form_tags' in '#__jdownloads_usergroups_limits'.
I fear that I can not update anymore in addition to the lack of managing the layouts.
Any hint will be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance!
Ines alias funfactor
  •  

ColinM

HiI have sent you a PM requesting site details to look into deeper
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Ines,
could it be that the update process was incomplete?
Have you see at the end the 'update successful' message?
Which informations are listed in the jD control panel TAB Installation Logs?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

funfactor

Hello Arno,

the install process was incomplete... but I have no chance to restart the process... I tried to install the componten completly new with a fresh/full  download ...but it is not working...I can not install the old version either...because it is not down compatible...I am stuck.

Thanks!
  •  

Arno

Hi Ines,
during the update, some fields must be added to the database and others changed. This may cause a termination if MySQL reports an error. This could happen with a bad MySQL configuration. Unfortunately such configuration errors are hard to find, but they are not errors in jDownloads.

Here another example for this case:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12066.msg44953#msg44953

So maybe would it be the best to go back to the old version. We will publish shortly a tutorial for this procedure.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •