News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error:1054 Unknown column 'a.file_id' when clicking the fron - [Solved in 3.9.5]

Started by GODpleasers, 14.08.2020 18:29:05

Previous topic - Next topic

larry007

I think I'll try again in English, maybe you'll understand better

Hello, I think I made a mistake.

Unfortunately I made the update for jDownloads 3.9.1 on my joomla 3.9.20. Now I have these o.g. Error messages.

In addition, I have not installed any software that can be read in the update guide.
Corresponding backups (old version and new version of jDownloads) are available in the SQL database.

Could someone help me, thank you.
  •  

andi

Quote from: Ingwio on 15.08.2020 12:41:06
:o bei mir kommt der Fehler bei allen nach dem Update erstellten Downloads !

1054 - Unknown column 'file_id' in 'field list'

Hat sich denn für diesen Fehler eine Lösung gefunden? Habe das gleiche Problem.
  •  

Arno

DeepL translation:

First of all, we regret the problems that some people have with upgrading to the new version. Unfortunately, there was no other solution. And that's why we have extensively pointed this out BEFORE the start of the upgrade process.

In case of such an error message there is (as mentioned several times) other extensions of a third party vendor whose extension still uses the old data structure of jD 3.2.x. The update article also lists some of the known ones. For a few of them there are already newer versions for jDownloads 3.9 in our download archive. Otherwise you just have to check your backend to see what you have installed and if any of it uses the data from jDownloads. Then just check their developers website or write to the developer. This is not something we can take care of on our own and is not a bug in jDownloads! Merely an incompatibility to earlier versions.

If somebody should not be able to do this on their own, we can try to help. But we have to manage this ourselves in terms of time.

For some, it may be better to go back to the older version. Since a backup should always be created before the upgrade, certainly no big problem. If necessary, you can also reactivate the database copies that jDownloads creates before the upgrade. But then the old subdirectory structure in /jdownloads does not exist anymore and I have not tested it yet.

Maybe we should write a little tutorial on this.

---------------------------

Erst einmal bedauern wir die Probleme, die einige mit dem Upgrade auf die neue Version haben. Leider ließ sich das aber nicht anders lösen. Und deshalb haben wir ja auch VOR dem Start des Upgrade Prozesses umfangreich darauf hingewiesen.

Bei solch einer Fehlermeldung existiert (wie schon mehrfach erwähnt) noch eine andere Erweiterung eines Drittanbieters dessen Erweiterung noch die alte Datenstruktur von jD 3.2.x verwendet. Im Update Artikel werden auch einige uns bekannte aufgeführt. Für einige wenige existieren auch in unserem Download Archiv bereits neuere Versionen für jDownloads 3.9. Ansonsten müsst ihr einfach in eurem Backend nachsehen, was ihr alles installiert habt und ob etwas davon die Daten von jDownloads verwendet. Dann einfach auf dessen Webseite nachsehen oder den Entwickler anschreiben. Das ist nichts das wir alleine übernehmen können und ist auch kein Bug in jDownloads! Lediglich eine Inkompatibilität zu früheren Versionen.

Sollte jemand dies nicht alleine hinbekommen, können wir gerne versuchen dabei zu helfen. Müssen das selber aber auch zeitlich hinbekommen.

Für manch einen kann es auch besser sein, zu der älteren Version zurückzukehren. Da vor dem Upgrade immer erst ein Backup erstellt werden soll, sicherlich kein großes Problem. Zur Not kann man aber auch noch die Datenbank Kopien reaktivieren, welche jDownloads vor dem Upgrade erstellt. Allerdings existiert dann nicht mehr die alte Unterverzeichnis-Struktur in /jdownloads und habe ich auch noch nicht getestet.

Vielleicht sollten wir hierzu eine kleine Anleitung schreiben.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi Larry,
QuoteIm übrigen habe ich keine Software die in dem Updateleitfaden zu lesen ist installiert.
Uns sind leider nicht alle Erweiterungen für jDownloads bekannt. Es werden sicherlich sehr viel mehr sein.
Vielleicht einfach mal nachschauen was du alles zusätzlich installiert hast (auch Plugins!) und dann die jeweiligen Webseiten nachlesen wofür es jeweils ist (falls nicht sowieso bekannt).

Sonst schreib mich mal via PM an wenn du nicht selber weiterkommst.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
My German is at 'tourist level' so I translated you message with Google :) If you are getting errors that are reporting 'a.file_id'  then there is an application such as JComments that has not been updated
Please read the article https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9
especially the  section on third party extensiions.  Although this is written in English you can get an instant translation byusing the pull down at top right of page to Select the language.
-----------------------------------------------------Mein Deutsch ist auf "touristischem Niveau", daher habe ich Ihre Nachricht mit Google übersetzt
Wenn Sie Fehler erhalten, die 'a.file_id' melden, gibt es eine Anwendung wie JComments, die nicht aktualisiert wurde

Bitte lesen Sie den Artikel
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9
insbesondere der Abschnitt über Erweiterungen durch Dritte. Obwohl dies in Englisch geschrieben ist, können Sie eine sofortige Übersetzung erhalten, indem Sie das Pulldown-Menü oben rechts auf der Seite verwenden, um die Sprache auszuwählen.
Best wishesColin

Edit by admin: Links corretcted.  ;)
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: larry007 on 18.08.2020 11:19:35
I think I'll try again in English, maybe you'll understand better

Hello, I think I made a mistake.
Unfortunately I made the update for jDownloads 3.9.1 on my joomla 3.9.20. Now I have these o.g. Error messages.

In addition, I have not installed any software that can be read in the update guide.
Corresponding backups (old version and new version of jDownloads) are available in the SQL database.

Could someone help me, thank you.
This issue is solved now. In this case was the upgrade process interrupted whilst the DB tables was changed. The reason was a few errors like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30761867/mysql-error-the-maximum-column-size-is-767-bytes

I could repair the tables manually via phpmyadmin.

All users which have a similar problem (unknown column 'cat_id' in field list) should look at the link above.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •