News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloads stopped working/displaying.

Started by HisEvilness, 04.06.2020 15:57:06

Previous topic - Next topic

HisEvilness

Hello,

Today I was contacted that my downloads stopped working when inspecting the download the initial page was there until I clicked download then it showed error 0. I tried to fix the problem by uninstalling jdownloads but keeping the default DB entries etc. Now the front end does not show any downloads but when I check the backend all the downloads are still listed. How do I fix the not displaying downloads on the front-end?

Joomla Info:
Joomla! 3.9.19 Stable [ Amani ] 2-June-2020 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Jdownloads 3.2:
Status   Published   Unpublished   Total
Categories   7   1   8
Downloads   58   0   58
The download archive currently contains 58 Downloads in 8 categories. To date, these have been downloaded 226,808 times. There are 1 categories and 0 Downloads that are not published.

Thanks,
  •  

HisEvilness

For quick reference this is the URL: https://www.hisevilness.com/downloads.html Categories are listed but all appear empty on the front-end.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Strange.  Could be view access, permissions or something else! :(

I will send you a PMColin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Can it be that it was happen after the last Joomla update?  ::)

QuoteI tried to fix the problem by uninstalling jdownloads but keeping the default DB entries etc.
For me it seems that you have now an invalid jDownloads installation. See pic.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

HisEvilness

Hello, After the latest Joomla update the Error 0 came back and restoring 1 backup after the installation did not work, using the uninstall then uninstall component while keeping files/DB/imgs and then installing downloads again did not work. Doing a new restoration through Akeeba now with a slightly older backup that did work and Jdownloads now function as normal. The category section still has the aforementioned pop-up batch menu displayed. If needed I can provide additional information to assist with bug fixing.

Cheers,
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Extra info would be helpful.Could you tell us what version of Joomla! and jD is OK please
ThanksColin
Colin M
  •  

HisEvilness

Quote from: ColinM on 15.07.2020 21:52:52
Hi
Extra info would be helpful.Could you tell us what version of Joomla! and jD is OK please
ThanksColin

Hello yes, I can give that information.

Joomla version that fully works: Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.9.19 Stable [ Amani ] 2-June-2020 15:00 GMT /\ Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Jdownloads Version: jDownloads Version 3.2.67

Joomla Version that gives error 0 on the file download: 3.9.20.

•  

ColinM

OK
That is interesting.  With Joomla! 3.9.20 I got a strange database fault in an Article Category Link!  Hmm!
If you stay at Joomla! 3.9.19 and upgrade jD 3.2.68 what happens?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

HisEvilness

Quote from: ColinM on 16.07.2020 10:15:29
OK
That is interesting.  With Joomla! 3.9.20 I got a strange database fault in an Article Category Link!  Hmm!
If you stay at Joomla! 3.9.19 and upgrade jD 3.2.68 what happens?
Colin

Hmm that is weird I used com_jdownloads_3.2.68_J32 to reinstall and i also followed the instruction to do a 2nd install that will be considered an update. I just ran the update again and now it is updated to 3.2.68. But if needed I have 3 Akeeba backups you can look at.
  •