News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Module file

Started by carabao, 12.06.2020 09:57:06

Previous topic - Next topic

carabao

Hello

I installed the jdownload component on my site without any problems. I would like each user to be able to view a list of their files. I searched in the different modules, but it seems to me that there is no module allowing it, did I look well? Is there such a module?

In the modules that allow to display the files, I can't find the way to select only the parent categories, for the moment, I am obliged to select all the subcategories to display the files there. And if there are many categories, subcategories, it is tedious.

Is there a way to select
of parent categories
specific sub-categories

Thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You wrote
QuoteI installed the jdownload component on my site without any problems. I would like each user to be able to view a list of their files. I searched in the different modules, but it seems to me that there is no module allowing it, did I look well? Is there such a module?
This facility is handled by the jDownloads menu item 'List My Downloads'.  This lists all the Downloads created by the user.  When a Downlod is being created you can select the name of the user, The default is the person who is creating the Download.  You can give Users the ability to create Downloads from the Front End
QuoteIn the modules that allow to display the files, I can't find the way to select only the parent categories, for the moment, I am obliged to select all the subcategories to display the files there. And if there are many categories, subcategories, it is tedious.
Not sure I understand this!! Could you please raise it as another topic - we prefer single issue items!!
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •