News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Disable main component view & disable front end uploads

Started by steve7, 15.05.2020 01:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

steve7

Hi,

I'm most impressed by the myriad of options in Jdownloads...
I really just want to use it to track downloads, so I'm using the content plugin to insert individual document links into articles, that works great, thanks.

I have 2 questions (I did search the forum and read the docs before asking...)

1. I need to disactivate the component category view on domain/component/jdownloads/ and also the search options. I couldn't find an option in the backend to do this. Can you please point me in the right direction ?

2. My site doesn't have any front-end users. I want to be 100% sure that any front end uploading capabilities are disactivated (for security reasons). Is there a specific option for this ?

Thanks again :-*
  •  

ColinM

HiIf you have no visible jDownloads menu items then a front end user cannot see the component part of jD
So I would create just one jD menu item List All Categories and set its access to Super Users.  That menu item is needed.  but only front end logged on super users would see it - you could also make it a hidden menu item
Colin
Colin M
  •  

steve7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have done this, but the domain.com/component/jdownloads page is still visible to all users.
It shows the one category of documents I have. I would really like to disable this page and the category page linked from it.
Is this possible ?
  •  

ColinM

HiWere you logged on as the Super User?  They will see the menu item and hence on clicking that they will see the Categories list.  Try it without logging in on the front end.
To hide a menu item in the front end then in backend go to menus and select Main Menue then in the menu items select the jDownloads List all Cats.  For that menu item goto the Link Type tab.  In the options on that page set Display in menu to No. Then Save & Close
The menu item is now hidden, that is not visible to anyone in the front end.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

steve7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, I was not logged in as a super user.
The menu link is not visible, that's not my problem, it's the fact that the URL domain.tld/component/jdownloads/ works.
I would like for the URL to not work at all :)

Is there a way to do that ?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think I am  not understanding properly
Will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •