News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Audio preview player grayed out

Started by dougdiamond, 15.05.2020 01:04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

dougdiamond

My website is www.namesinsongs.com . I use JDownloads to deliver mp3 and other music files for ringtones. When I first installed JDownloads I created a layout with the preview player and it was working (my browser is Google Chrome). Some time along the way the preview player stopped working. I am now using/testing 3.9 BETA 6 version and still have the problem -- preview player box appears, but time shows zero and play button is gray. You can see the problem on the menu item "All Downloads" https://www.namesinsongs.com/all-downloads

Am i missing something? Could Google be blocking it from working? Or is there a setting to activate preview that I need to enable? Any advice on how to get the preview working again would be appreciated. Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have found a bug in the jD3.9 Audio and reported it.http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=11994.0
Whilst this is affecting the size of your player control bar that is not stopping the actual playing.I ran this on Firefox.
I downloaded SallyGoRoundtheRoses.m4r and used Convertio to convert to mp3 file.  Made a new Download with the MP3 file and all was well.
So I think maybe the convertion of mr4 to mp3 was not good!
Just thought.  Your downloadable file is an mr4 file - now the audio player does not support mr4.  So you need to load the converted mp3 file using 'Select Preview File' setting and use that to upload the playable mp3 file.  That is you have the mr4 as the downloadable and the mp3 as the preview.
ColinPS I have attached a mr4.png file that you can upload into flat1
Colin M
  •  

dougdiamond

Thanks for looking into this issue for me. Let me say that I have already loaded only MP3 format files to be used as previews. iPhone ringtones are in the M4R format. That is for download. But back when I first built the site and created the layout the preview worked fine. Nothing in the files has changed. But for some reason the preview player has since grayed out. I thought it might have been something with my browser so I tried two other browsers (Firefox and Brave) and other devices (iPad Safari) and still have the problem. The preview element appears. There is a play button and a time. But the time is zero and the play button is gray. I'm stuck at this point. Hopefully someone reading this may be able to offer another suggestion. Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Originally jD needed seperate files, then a change occurred that if there was no preview file and the file was an audio type then it would use the main file.The symbol you show is an MP3  so that may have misled me!Will send you a PM.
What version of jD are you using and which audio player have you using?

Colin
Colin M
  •