News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom short text fields do NOT display on Search Options

Started by Bilal Abdeen, 28.04.2020 08:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilal Abdeen

Thank you very much for the excellent extension.

On the search page, I can see the custom large text fields displayed as options to choose from. However, the custom short text fields are NOT displayed! Please, refer to the attached screenshot.

Those custom short & large fields display correctly on the upload and details pages.

Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
From your picture I can see you have changed the text in the search fields.  Changing the text shown does not cange what area of a Download is searched.
Selecting Descriptions does seach both the Short and the Long fields.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Bilal Abdeen

Thank you for looking into this. I am sorry if my picture was confusing.

Actually, I removed some options (Descriptions, Changelog, Author Name, Meta-Tags) from the search page. Moreover, the fields "About the Book" & "More details on the Book", which you see in the picture, are custom fields (and NOT new names for existing fields.)

What I was trying to demonstrate in the picture is that custom large text fields are added correctly to the list of options to choose from on the Search page. Examples of the custom large text fields are "About the Book" & "More details on the Book."

However, custom short text fields are NOT added to the list! I defined 2 custom short text fields. They display correctly on the details page and on the upload page. However, they do NOT display on the search page.

Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As I mentioned we are concentrating on the jD3.9 items, and the jD Custom Fields are no longer used but instead the Joomla! Fields are used. Conversion is automatic on upgrade.

Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •