News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Please help! assign a download in multi categories

Started by ibrahim, 27.04.2020 18:53:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello! Need to assign a download to be in more than one category like multi categories.

Normally Joomla doesn't have this future, therefore, I use extension CW Multicategories that can lets you add more than one content for Joomla articles, so need to have same in Jdownloads categories.

What do to have multi-category on Jdownloads.

Please anyone can help Do not hold back knowledge on others   ::)
  •  

ibrahim

I didn't understand the first topic! the second it's not what am asking about! I need to show a single file to be shown in more than one category.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.

I hope what I have requested is possible.
  •  

ibrahim

Please help, I need to show a single file to be shown in more than one category.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
  •  

Arno

Hi Ibrahim,
please note that the information hints from Bilal Abdeen are correct.
The described way is the only possible when you do not want double files.
It is not possible to assign in the 'Downloads creation/edit' page more as one target category. This has to do with the inner structure from jDownloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

QuoteIt is not possible to assign in the 'Downloads creation/edit' page more as one target category. This has to do with the inner structure from jDownloads.
Am disappointed, I need to assign an item to more than one category. Otherway could you help to show the photo of the items in the tags list.

Tags list:
For now, after creating a tag menu that will show a list of jdownloads items, it shows just the title and description without any image from the items.
How to show item images in the menu tag list?
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Dear Arno I really appreciate any help you can provide. I hope what I have requested is possible.
See attached photo from result page there are no images.

The needed to assign a download on multi-category, for example, a template webshop that was added on JoomlaFine category, the same time this download can be useful to show in a category named VirtueMart. In Joomla as standard, it's not possible to add an article to more than one category. Therefore needs to install extra plugin CW Multicategories that can make the Category field to be multi choose same as tags field in jdownloads.
I will PM you the plugin.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The largest part of a Download is the downloadable file.  jDownloads solves the 'multicategory' challenge in a different way to CW Multicategories - which in effect changes Joomla! core and it has previously given me trouble so I had to remove it.
With jDownloads you can create a Download using the same downloadable file in another Download. 

A bit more effort than with CW Multicategories but is a stable solution.
Presently with jD 3.2 you can only do this when you create a Download in the backend.  In the forthcoming jD 3.9 series it is available in the frontend as well.
Essentially one is creating multiple database entries that link to the same downloadable file.
This solution may not be the way you would ideally like it but it achieves the objective and is secure.  You did ask not to hold back on knowledge ;)
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ Ibrahim,
QuoteDear Arno I really appreciate any help you can provide. I hope what I have requested is possible.
As I wrote that I will check it I have only mean the missing image in the tags list. Please note also the hints from Colin. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •