News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Create categorie from frontend

Started by Pip, 09.04.2020 11:36:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Pip

Hi, I have a question about the frontend configuartion of JDownloads. I would like a specific user group to be able to create and manage categories of folders from the frontend. Is this possible? If so, how do I achieve this?
Kind regards. Pip

•  

ColinM

Hi
Creating Categories and Sub categories is not available from front end. 
But do you perhaps mean to look after all the Downloads in a specific category (and its subcategories) as this is available.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Pip

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Too bad, I meant for this specific user group to be able to create new categories from frontend so they can create a folder structure in their documents. I will think of another way to do this, create the categories for them or give them permission on the backend. Happy easter and kind regards, Pip
  •  

Pip

By the way, I'm very glad with JDownloads and I think your documentation is excellent! Thanks very much.
  •  

ColinM

Pip,
Thankyou - I spend quite a bit of time writing articles.  Both Arno and myself place great store on helping people use jDownloads successfully.Maybe you could give us a review so more people use jD
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/general-items-v3-2/write-review-on-joomla-extensions-directory

ColinEdited to correct link
Colin M
  •  

Pip

Hi Colin,

I would love to but the link gives a 404?
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •