News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Copy config. using Create & Restore Backups

Started by guest40012, 08.04.2020 14:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

guest40012

Fyi, I'm using jDownloads v3.9.0.5 and Joomla 3.9.16.

I'm wondering if the jDownloads database backup and restore tools can be used to copy the configuration & settings from a test site to another site (e.g. live or QA or what have you). 

What I would like to do is install jDownloads on the target site with the same configuration as my test site has.  I'm wondering if this can be done using the jDownloads database backup (on source site) and restore (on target site).  It appears I would also have to Export the Options from my test site and then Import that file on the target site.  Would these steps result in  the same jDownload configuration and settings on my target site as my source site has?

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Provided both sites are at the same version of jD, and provided they have the same jD Categories and Downloads. Then it may be possible!

In your 'good' site save the contents of the jDownloads directory with say file zilla.  This gets the categories and Downloadable files. 
If you have your own images associated with Downloads then also save directory images/jdownloads/screenshots
At this juncture do a save in tools.

Make a backup of your new site just in case!!
On the new site replace the images/jdownloads/screenshotsand also replace the jDownloads directory, etc. Do not use jDownloads to view anything except Tools.  And in Tools restore the original save
Should work but ...Colin
Colin M
  •