News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error messages in php error_log

Started by sclg, 29.03.2020 19:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

sclg

Hi.I'm seeing lots of lines like these in error_log...
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_random_id in l/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 3574
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2539
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2540
Any idea why? I'm on v3.2.66Thanks

Edited to remove site  location links Colin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you asdvise what level of error logging you have set please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

Not sure how to find out! It's a shared server so I don't have access to php.ini and I can't find anything in Joomla or phpinfo.php that tells me the error reporting level - other than that it is 'default'.
Steve
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In Joomla go to Global Configuration - Server Settings tab.  There is an option there called 'Error Reporting'.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

Set to 'system default'.
I'm happy to try one of the other settings!

Steve
  •  

ColinM

Steve
See you are in the UK in Oxfordshire - have just edited yor initial message to hide identity.  I am based in HantsThe error reporting level is fine.
Have you recently added another extension?  It may have some incompatibilities.
Which error log are you viewing?
I will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

I'm actually in Gloucestershire - near Stroud.
The log I'm viewing is error_logs in the Joomla root folder - the standard php-produced error file.
Today's errors are...

[31-Mar-2020 14:01:31 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2539
[31-Mar-2020 14:01:31 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2540
[31-Mar-2020 14:38:19 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_random_id in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 3574

They have appeared about a dozen times so far today and there are nearly 500 lines of these errors in the log file in the last 2 days!

The 2 offset errors are on these 2 lines
       list($remove, $stuff) = explode('//', $refr, 2);
       list($home, $stuff) = explode('/', $stuff, 2);
.. . and the undefined variable one is
            if ($user_random_id){ 

These sorts of error are usually specific the the extension in question. It's not likely that another extension is causing this one to suddenly have an undefined variable!
Thanks
Steve

•  

ColinM

Steve
Understand what you are saying but nothing has changed in jD - have found this type of thing previouslyfrom other extensions. Something must have changed recently.
Will continue to look at.
When did you update to jD 3.2.66?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

OK - thanks. I'll investigate further and perhaps re-download.
Steve
  •