News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error messages in php error_log

Started by sclg, 29.03.2020 19:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

sclg

Hi.I'm seeing lots of lines like these in error_log...
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_random_id in l/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 3574
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2539
[29-Mar-2020 18:09:35 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2540
Any idea why? I'm on v3.2.66Thanks

Edited to remove site  location links Colin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you asdvise what level of error logging you have set please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

Not sure how to find out! It's a shared server so I don't have access to php.ini and I can't find anything in Joomla or phpinfo.php that tells me the error reporting level - other than that it is 'default'.
Steve
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In Joomla go to Global Configuration - Server Settings tab.  There is an option there called 'Error Reporting'.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

Set to 'system default'.
I'm happy to try one of the other settings!

Steve
  •  

ColinM

Steve
See you are in the UK in Oxfordshire - have just edited yor initial message to hide identity.  I am based in HantsThe error reporting level is fine.
Have you recently added another extension?  It may have some incompatibilities.
Which error log are you viewing?
I will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

I'm actually in Gloucestershire - near Stroud.
The log I'm viewing is error_logs in the Joomla root folder - the standard php-produced error file.
Today's errors are...

[31-Mar-2020 14:01:31 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2539
[31-Mar-2020 14:01:31 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2540
[31-Mar-2020 14:38:19 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_random_id in /home/hta/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 3574

They have appeared about a dozen times so far today and there are nearly 500 lines of these errors in the log file in the last 2 days!

The 2 offset errors are on these 2 lines
       list($remove, $stuff) = explode('//', $refr, 2);
       list($home, $stuff) = explode('/', $stuff, 2);
.. . and the undefined variable one is
            if ($user_random_id){ 

These sorts of error are usually specific the the extension in question. It's not likely that another extension is causing this one to suddenly have an undefined variable!
Thanks
Steve

•  

ColinM

Steve
Understand what you are saying but nothing has changed in jD - have found this type of thing previouslyfrom other extensions. Something must have changed recently.
Will continue to look at.
When did you update to jD 3.2.66?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sclg

OK - thanks. I'll investigate further and perhaps re-download.
Steve
  •