News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

tags not working when entered in the front end

Started by wacl3, 09.03.2020 08:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

wacl3

Hi,
I have the tags all set up - or have I missed something???
when I enter in a new tag in the create download form in front end, JD saves the tags ok and are listed in tags...
but when I do a search for the tags they dont show and the system shows error...
than if I open the download in the back end, then save it, the tags are searchable???
how can I get the tags saved and then working in the frontend please
thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have not been able to reproduce this yet.Are you using XAMPP or  WAMP server?Please advise which version of jD
If the tag is listed in the Tags component then all should be OK
What type of tag are you using ie the Tag setup
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wacl3

Hi Colin,
not sure if using xampp or wamp, have emailed to find out.
I am using 3.2.65
I have added photos,,, the problem is actually,
1) create and save tags in create/edit jdownload front end
2) search for newtag and it shows up in search results...
3) when click on the newtag in search results the following error shows up...
where as if I open and the save & close the download in the backend, it will show
image 4) - working correctly...
I have tried in the front end using reg user, and super user, no difference....
  •  

wacl3

havent made any changes yet, but I just got this error message as well )see attached)..maybe associated???  But how can this just change and start appearing without me making any chages please???
thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the pics - I now undestand better and will try to reproduce
Colin
PS your last post about an error message had no attachment
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have now been able to reproduce the problem :( So will log an error
Basically if a Tag is added in front end to a Download then that Download it is not included in the list generated by the Tags menu item untill either:  the Download is saved in the backend, or another Download has the tag added in the backend.Tags added to a Download in the Backend appear in the tag list OK.The tag does appear in the Download view.

If one adds the tag to several Downloads in the front end they all appear in the jD view but not in a tag list.  However if one subsequently adds the tag to a Download in the backend then all the 'missing' Downloads are now included in the tag list.
Colin
EDIT  bug reported
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=11914.msg44404
Colin M
  •  

wacl3

•