News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

JD-Content-Plugin Conflict with DPCalendar

Started by jamfx, 18.02.2020 08:27:11

Previous topic - Next topic

jamfx

Hi All together, i Found out that there is a conflict with the content Plugin and the DPCalendar Extension.  I have jDownloads and DPCalendar installed.

If in the FIRST LINE of the Description is a jDownload-Code form the Plugin to add a download, the Calendarview breaks somehow.

The case is like:

"Here you got additional Info for Download {jd_file file==25}"

Then something happens and the rest of the modules on the right side of my templates are not shown anymore and no more Events where shown.

If I put something else in the first line like:

"You will find some additional Info.

Grab your file for download {jd_file file==25}". Let me know if you need any more info. DPCalendar is also informed. Best regards JamFX
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for letting us know.Which layout have you set as the default layout in Config - Plugins tab option Default layout:
Maybe this uses more space than catered for by DP Calandar.  However that being said the same would apply if on the second line where it all works.

I am not familar with DP Calendar but in other calendars I have seen the first line used as a 'title' or 'link' or some other special purpose.  Perhaps that is what is happening.
At present I am collecting together a series of 'hints' that avoid "challenges" when using jD with other extensions!So I will add this to the collection - only have 2 such items so far!Colin 
Colin M
  •  

jamfx

Hi,
I used the very first option for this. So it says Default files Layout v3.2. I hope this helps. Your guess: First line is the Title, is wrong. There is an extra Field for Title in DPCalendar. You may try it with the free version. Also you may Contact the Guys from DPCalendar https://joomla.digital-peak.com/products/dpcalendar Best regards JamFX
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the hint. We will check this.
But it is not a jD bug so I will move your posting.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jamfx

Haha, this is so funny. They say the same: It's not a DPCalendar bug. Hahaha  ;D
  •  

Arno

An incompatibility does not automatically have to be a logical mistake in a source code.
But be sure that we will check it. ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hm. I cannot reproduce it with a first quickly test.
All DPCalendar plugins are activated.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •