News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

alllowed file types

Started by wacl3, 19.01.2020 07:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

wacl3

Hi, Im trying to add file types (extensions) allowed.  I know I have to add them to the User group access, but there is also another place I remember I have to put them...(I think in system settings?0 can you please advise?
thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
User Group settings allows specifying the uploadable file typesand Preview files when creating/editing in Front End (do not forget to set Ranking value!!)
Other places are for backend in
Config - Downloads tab  "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?"
Config Monitoring tab "Monitor only the following file types:"
Config Uploads tab - "Allowed image extensions: " and "Other allowed file extensions:"
ColinM
Colin M
  •  

wacl3

thanks
but I meant to ask, where do type the list of extensions that are allowed, I have done it in user group settings allowed file extensions, but I know I have to put the list of extensions somewhere else in the system (maybe in  joomla system settings)
thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As far as I recall the only other places where one needs to specify extensions are in the backend Configuration.
Config - Downloads tab  "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?"
Config Monitoring tab "Monitor only the following file types:"
Config Uploads tab - "Allowed image extensions: " and "Other allowed file extensions:"
ColinM
Colin M
  •