News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Cannot Access Joomla Admin After Uninstall

Started by haserb, 23.11.2019 16:51:58

Previous topic - Next topic

haserb

I downloaded the beta version (3.9) as well as the latest version of Jdownloads (3.265). I inadvertently installed the 3.9 version and after realizing this mistake uninstalled it. When I attempted to upload and install the latest version of Jdownloads (3.265), I received a post installation error message: 1054 Unknown column 'file_id' in 'field list'. I cannot access the Joomla frontend nor Admin areas of my site. The joomla installation is 3.9.13.
What measures can I take to repair this?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
hmm!  do you have a backup? will resarch
ColinM
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi haserb,
it was not a good idea to upgrade (inadvertently) to the new version and try then to go back in this way.
1. you get viewed a special message which warn you when you start the upgrade process
2. we have never tested to deinstall the new version 3.9 and install then again the old version.
3. the upgrade process change some database data so it is not more compatible to older versions

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •