News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permission Issue

Started by gpraceman, 20.11.2019 23:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

gpraceman

I updated the entries for two download files and now this message is shown when the applicable subcategory is selected:

"Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category."  The permissions are set to Public for the category and subcategory that these two downloads belong to. I am running Version 3.2.65.  No other subcategory is showing this issue so far.
  •  

ColinM

Hi

This sounds like you have changed a permission somewhere!! Usually a Download inherits its permissions from its category.Have you set Deny permission anywhere as that can cuse problems through inheriance rules in both the category - Download chain and also in the User Group inhereiance chain.
If your permissission to Download is at the Component level and you do not have Registered only sections then the jD permission reset tools are useful.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

gpraceman

I didn't mess with the permissions.

The global permissions for Public - Download was set at "Allowed".
The category permission was set to "Inherited" and indicated "Allowed (Inherited)".
The subcategory permission was set to "Inherited" but indicated "Not Allowed (Inherited)".  What????  I had to change the permission to "Allowed" to get it working for me.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you sorted it out. But it is strange as usually the sub cats get their permission by inheritance for the category above. have not come across your particular 'challenge'.

Just for future queries by others did you perhaps re-organise your categories or similar at some time?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

gpraceman

No, I did not do any messing with categories or subcategories.  At least not until I tried to rectify this issue.

What's also strange is that it only affected the one particular subcategory.  The other subcategory in that category had no such issue.  No other categories/subcategories had that issue.
  •