News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

overview of questions

Started by wacl3, 09.10.2019 04:03:57

Previous topic - Next topic

wacl3

Hello,
Jd questions

1- how do the passwords work – can you point me in the direction of documentation or a quick overview please.
2- I dont want to mess anything up, but how do I change name of fixedcategorycreate
3- when and uploader submits, it is approved and published by admin.... What happens if uploader edits item, is it still published or admin approve and publish again?  I would like admin to have to approve and new downloads and edited existing downloads – is this possible?
4- how can I show publishing time frame, start & finish? (in file and download details pages.
5- how can I show {views_value} in files layout?
6- can I have a total number of downloads available per download, (not user limits, but global number available across all users) ALSO, can I show this element in files & download details layouts
7- how does report link work? Point me to documentation or brief overview please
8- on the descriptions tab/page of the add download form, can I have a WYSIWYG ed showing,  for uploaders to use ? I have tried settings but nothing is changing?
9- can I have short description and long description following after?  Or how does it work?  Ie  short description is = (description) in files layout, yet short description is long description {long_description} shown on downloads details page...  I have truncated the description on files page, how do I show full short, followed by long description on the downloads details page please?
10- what is the best way to search jDownloads?  I want to search all text in files layout.  Ie, title, price, author, description, tags etc...... is it best to use jD search and focus on putting all info into tags, or should I use Joomla smart search module or something please?
11- what is the situation with jDownloads being hacked?  I have seen a few things, is it still being hacked?  Is there ways to stop it?  Can I have an overview please?
12- where is the css for the form
13- how do I take off categories and subcategories display at top of page? (files layout) Catergory: subcatogory Above 'Order Files BY:' options.... I have tried some settings in config, but nothing seems to change?
14- on website, when showing a video in preview, the still screen image of the video appears and the play bar down the bottom......this is on laptop, but when viewed on mobile phone screen, only the playbar shows, no still image above/behind it.....  how can I get the vid still image to show in mobile view?  thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

wacl3

15- I would also like to remove these buttons, (on the above attachment), so changes to uploaders descritions tab/page in add download - 1) show WYSIWYG editor above, and remove download and image buttons below text area please.
  •  

wacl3

16- how do I change the button images, I want to add custom....and css master style for jDownloads, so all pages are shonw in a differnet font etc....
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Because you have replied to your own set of questions I can only reply to the last one!!!  It is challenging to have multiple questions in one post!!!!
BUT I have copied you point 15 as well
Quote"15- I would also like to remove these buttons, (on the above attachment), so changes to uploaders descritions tab/page in add download - 1) show WYSIWYG editor above, and remove download and image buttons below text area please."
The buttons shown in the image are because  some 'editors-xtd' type plugins are active (published) - these are being shown by the Editor not by jD.  One of the plugins, the Download one, allows people editing an article say to to easily add a download link to a jD Download.   It is a plugin called "Button - jDownloads Content "
There are very many articles dealing with many jD topicssee  http://www.jdownloads.net/  suggest you look at these.
Quote16- how do I change the button images, I want to add custom....and css master style for jDownloads, so all pages are shonw in a differnet font etc....
The Button images are CSS controlled. You can customise them in jD - Config - Pictures Tab - CSS Button Settings section (NOTE there are Image buttons in the current release but they are discontinued in the next major series (jD3.9)
There is already a master css style for jD.  But you can add you own CSS in the Custom css file.
One thing that will not be easy  is to set each Download to have a different fontColinPS please, please ask one question per topic  It makes it much easier for everyone to check on porevious querries
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi wacl3,
you want really an answer on all your questions?

I hope you have read this hint here:

QuoteRead before the jDownloads documentation here.

Use the search function on these forums!

Normally I fix all posted (reproducible) posted bugs quickly. But please understand, that it is not always possible.
Fact is, that jDownloads is an open source and not a commercial project. Anybody Joomla user can download and use it for free. So when you need commercial support, you must also use a commercial (not free) extension!

You need modifikation or additional features?

Fact is, that every user has other wishes for the jD output or functionality. So it is not easy for me to comply all this wishes, and something it is not possible to do it only for a single user. When a user need very special functions, he can contact me via PM. So I can send him an offer.

I am always willing to make small modifications for free. But understand, that I need time for it.

I'm really speechless about your expectations!
>:(
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wacl3

oh, sorry.
I was just trying to condense communication times,,,, I apologise, i realise that forum is one topic per topic,,,
thanks...

•