News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Catergory listing [Fixed in 3.2.66 and 3.9.1.0]

Started by arco, 08.10.2019 15:30:30

Previous topic - Next topic

arco

I am trying to make a category with the subcategories '0'...'9', and 'A'...'Z'
That works, except for the '0' folder. I'm not allowed to create a category with the name '0' (why is that?)

Other question: a subcategory listing is very bulky, you get only 12 cats on a HD screen...
How do I get a 'lean' listing? (previous with Phocadownload I had 30+ items on a screen, much easier for the user...)
  •  

Arno

Hi arco,
QuoteThat works, except for the '0' folder. I'm not allowed to create a category with the name '0' (why is that?)
It seems that never before a user has try this. So you have find a bug. Thanks.
Please copy the (unzipped) attached file to this folder (and overwrite the old):
/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/models/
This should fix it.

About the subcategories:
I understand you problem. You can try to use a multi column layout for it. Maybe has Colin an example for you. I'm not sure. I will contact him.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There are a couple of steps needed to show a multicolumn set of categories.
First go to the jD Config - Front End tab
Set 'Show page navig'Category symbol pixel size 'ation for subcategories?' to No.

This means that the sub cats as well as the top level cats will be shown by the layout selected in the Categories group.
I also set 'Show category info? ' to No and 'Show empty categories?' to Yes.

Next go to the Layouts and set the 'Categories Example with 4 columns v3.2' as the active layout - tick box next to layout then click on Activate button.
See pic for result with 15 subcats - It will show more if they are there!!

To save more space You might not wish to see the number of sub-subcats if so make a copy of the 'Categories Example with 4 columns v3.2' and edit it to remove
  <!-- num subcats -->
   <div class="jd_cats_4col_inner_wrapper" style="">
      <div class= "jd_cats_4col">{sum_subcats1} </div>
      <div class= "jd_cats_4col">{sum_subcats2} </div>
      <div class= "jd_cats_4col">{sum_subcats3} </div>
      <div class= "jd_cats_4col">{sum_subcats4} </div>
   </div>

Another space saving could be to use a smaller picture size for the Categories Icon.  This is set in jD Config - Pictures tab in the section 'Category symbol pixel size '. In the second pic I had reduced the size from 48*48 to 24*24
I also quickly made up a 6 column layout as in the third pic.  Thought it needed some borders but did not get it quite right yet!

Colin

Colin M
  •  

arco

Thanksfor the fix and the information.
For category layout I was searching for something like in the picture. 
(a linear list is more intuitive as a multicolumn screen)

•  

Arno

Quote(a linear list is more intuitive as a multicolumn screen)
So you want only a more 'lesser' layout?  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Is the Attached pic be what you would like?In this I have set the cat pic size to 16px in Config- Pictures and some minor css changes in a revised layout.Assuming that layout is OK I have attached a zip file  "exported_layout_jd_3.2.65_Standard_Categories_Layout_v3.2_Narrow.xml.zip"
You need to extract the xml file from the zip. Then Import itSee http://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/layouts-v3-2/import-and-export-of-layouts-and-css-filesfor details.The new layout will be in the Categories section, its name is 'Standard Categories Layout v3.2 Narrow'.  You will need to activate it - just tick the box alongside the title and click on activate button.
Let us know if you need more help.Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Colin,
looks very good.  8)

I think we should add this (and also a multi column) as part of the installation.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

arco

That looks very good!
(I want as much items on a page as possible)
If you use categories like 'A' to 'Z' it's not intuitive to use multiple columns.
(then you must look from left to right, row down, left to right,.....)
  •  

arco

It would of course be fantastic to have a matching files list layout...  :)
(The 'Files Layout Single Line v3.2', but with lines closer together also...)
  •  

ColinM

@Arco
Have now done a Narrow Single line version.  See pic attached but will need a little longer to get it into a package form. Will send a test version soon.
@ArnoYes good idea to add the extra layouts in jD3.9  Also suggest the Compact ones as well as more multicol and narrow. Suggest a naming convention like:[Categories|Subcategories|Category|Downloads|Details]
[Standard|Compact|Narrow]
[n-Col]For example "Categories Layout Standard v3.9",  "Categories Layout Narrow v3.9", "Categories Layout 4-Col v3.9"Most of this is extra CSS and relevant class names.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi

Please find attached a zip file exported_layout_jd_3.2.65_Files_Layout_Single_Line_Narrow_v3.2.xml.zipExtract file "exported_layout_jd_3.2.65_Files_Layout_Single_Line_Narrow_v3.2.xml" and import as a new layout as described before
Colin

Colin M
  •  

arco

Very impressive, thanks!    ;D
One little thing I noticed: if there is a 'New' icon, it touches the bottom line. Is it possible to raise it a little? (same vertical position as the text?)
  •  

ColinM

Arco
I have made a few more little mods.  The attached zip has the updated Layout.The result is as shown in the first pic "multi-col0=-06.png"
A slightly narrower view can be achieved by adding some css to the jdownloads_custom.css file - see second pic by removing the shadow on the buttons and reducing the font size.The necessary CSS is shown belowFor details on adding to the custom css please seehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/layouts-v3-2/custom-css-in-layouts
/*  for narrow files layout */
.jdbutton {
box-shadow:none;
}
.jstatus {
font-size:8px;
}
.jsmall {
font-size:9px;
}

It would be nice if you could give us a good review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory pleaseIf you do not know how to do that then seehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/general-items-v3-2/write-review-on-joomla-extensions-directory
Colin

Colin M
  •  

arco

•  

arco

It would be nice to have the 'Search' layout also much more compact...  :)
(now I can only get 11 items om a HD screen...)
  •