News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Categories and Navigation

Started by ColinM, 27.09.2019 18:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Main problem is absence of Nav bar when showing sub cats - see pic Nav-jd39-03.png

Also there is confusion between setting "Number of entries per Categories page *" and setting "Number of Subcategories" shown when  "Show navigation for Subcategories"  (not sure why there is an * in setting)

Some of the confusion between Categories and Sub Cats can be removed by extra documentation and also by repositioning these entries closer in the options page.
When setting for Categories the Nav Bar appears automatically if there are more top level cats than those being shown.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
excuse me but I cannot reproduce your problem or I do not understand it really.  :-\

By the installation should be all three page navigation active by default:
- for the 'overview' pages (main categories) on the top and at the bottom
- for the listed sub categories (on a category or sub category page) on the top

QuoteAlso there is confusion between setting "Number of entries per Categories page *" and setting "Number of Subcategories"
The categories page means only the Startpage/Overview with the listed root categories.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Yes there is some confusion between Categories and subcats views.  I will have to write an article to sort out my own confusion :(
It also depends on whether or not one is using the subcat navigation that then involves the SubCategories layout.
ColinPS would it be easy for the subcategories layout to have its own header etc just lke other layoutsI have to change some of the text in subcategories layout anyway.
Colin M
  •  

Arno

For clarification ( Sorry but I have never heard before that this should be really a problem  ::) ):

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
In the examples below I am showing subcategories where the corresponding top level category has no Downloads of itts ownThe Option in Frontend tab  'Show navigation for Subcategories' is Yes and the Number of subcats to show is 3
There is something curious going on with jD3.9 subcats view - the subcats navigation is not showing!  The 3.2 one is as expected.

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Colin.
are you sure that you use a untouched installation?
As you can see above it works for me as expected also in 3.9. 
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

I have it tried on the demo page and have your problem. Sorry. Maybe I have a modified version. I will check it shortly.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •