News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

JDownloads Content Load Time

Started by Eggman, 09.09.2019 11:45:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggman

Hi,

I'm using JDownloads 3.2.64 and have an issue withe the page load times.

I've analysed and found out, that the file "\components\com_jdownloads\models\downloads.php" have a load time of 6,9 seconds (Creating Sort Index 6.8 s).

Is it possible to reduce the database querys to the needed ones?
I have appr. 9000 Downloads in my database, but for page loading just 50 files (for "Latest Downloads" plus 5 Files (for "Featured Downloads") are needed.
Attached the querys for the database.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Eggman,
how many jDownloads categories have you?
Could you send me a link via PM?

QuoteI'm using JDownloads 3.2.64 and have an issue withe the page load times.
Please update rapidly to 3.2.65. It is a security update! 
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

I checked your site and it was not so very slowly for me. Other links on your website (outside from jDownloads) need also 3-4 seconds for loading. So the differenz is not so high to the download area.

Maybe could you get it faster when you deactivate the 'category select box' in the configuration (TAB Frontend).
Or you change the value for 'Select Max Levels' to 1.

I will check in the next few days the SQL query and also the DB indexes. Maybe it is possible to improve it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Eggman

Hi Arno,

thank you for your support!
I tried to deactivate the Category Listbox, but no changes for this issue.
The same with the level of categories.

The load times for download details pages is normal.
It's very slow, when loading a category or any page with a module (f.e. Featured or latest Downloads).

Before Joomla with JDownloads Component i had an older Software for my website with the same content.
The load times were <1 sec., i think about 6-7 Second is much too long.
It will be great if you could have a look at the DB-query, creating the sort index takes much of the time.
It seems that the whole DB is sorted, but it's not needed in most cases.
  •  

Arno

Hi Eggman,
I have now created a test installation with round 14,000 files and I will now try to optimize some queries.
But this needs some time.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Eggman

Very good.
Take your time, I-m not in a hurry.  ;)
  •  

Stefan1200

Hallo,

Anmerkung hierzu (ich bin derjenige, der die Ladezeiten debugged hat):
Eggman spricht nicht von den Ladezeiten der Seite, sondern rein der oben angehängte SQL Query (welcher auf der Startseite verwendet wird, um die neusten 50 Downloads anzuzeigen) benötigt 6,9 Sekunden. Wenn ich diesen SQL Befehl in PHPMyAdmin absetze, werden ebenfalls 6,9 Sekunden reine MySQL Abfragezeiten gemessen, davon 6,8 Sekunden nur für das Sortieren der Tabelle. Und das auch lokal auf meinem PC in einer Testumgebung, womit der Webserver auf der Produktivseite unschuldig sein muss. Die komplette Startseite mit CMS und allen weiteren benötigen ca. 8 Sekunden, was definitiv zu lang ist.
  •