News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

additional data field for Links

Started by Reigi, 16.08.2019 19:00:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Reigi

Is it possible to use an additional data field to store URLs?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I understand. :( Do you mean you have some relevant additional info in another web location.  You could of course add that into the Description or you could add it into the Info section - this would mean changing the Files Layout
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Reigi

Yes, link in description is what I've already done. There ist the option for "individual data fields". There are 4 kinds.  In german "Auswahlfeld", "kurzes Textfeld", "Datumsfeld" und "Textfeld". I miss the possibility for a URL. Take a look at my website https://www.mtb-heinsberg.de/zum-nachfahren/jahrestouren/touren-ab-2018/category/4-touren-ab-2018.html
The fields "Länge in Kilometer", "Höhenmeter" and "empfohlene Fahrtrichtung" are individual data fields. The links for "Bericht", "Karte" und "Parken" are links in the description.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Your site looks good.  I was just suggesting that you could use the Category Description rather than the Download Descrption. 
Note also that a Download does not have to have a downloadable file
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Reigi

Thank you Colin. Unfortunately, I do not understand what you want to tell me with your posting.

The idea behind my question is the following: In the download link in the article itself is now a link to the article I'm actually reading.  :-\  For a link that exists in a field instead a link in content, I can customize the layout so that this link does not exist in the download-link in content. Its very difficult to explain.  :(
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think you have got it sorted as it obviously works
Colin
Colin M
  •