News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

User Specific View only

Started by renesummers, 31.07.2019 18:34:31

Previous topic - Next topic

renesummers

I'm trying to get each registered user to upload and see only their own files, not for a public purpose.  I've been struggling on this for days... please advise on how this can be done.
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
There is a way based upon using the jD menu item List My Downloads.  Obviously you should make the view Access of it as Registered.  Then for each Download ensure that the 'Created By' parameter is set to the person who is to have sole access to the Download.
jD also needs a 'List All Categories' menu item but obviously this should not be seen. So for that one set it as hidden  by setting the parameter 'Display in Menu' in the Link Type tab to No.
For maximum flexibility I would suggest you create a new Joomla! User Group called say 'Own-uploadersUG' with Registered as its parent. Then make sure that all those users who are to have their own Downloads belong to that user group.  At the same time create a Joomla! view Access level called say 'Own-uploaders-view'.  Then in the Users Groups settings - Group Creatin/Editing tab you can preset the view access to 'Own-uploaders-view' and aso in the tick box part ensure that the question "Created by' will be asked.  The ranking value, second item in the User Groups setting, should be set to a high level, say 123. Please see documentation on Which User Group is used.
Colin

You could use the Existing Registered User Group but this might cause a challenge if at a later date you had 'regular' registered users or you wanted to have some public Downloads. 
Colin M
  •  

renesummers

Thank you.  I've done as you suggested but when I drill into user group settings on the newly created group it does not bring forward the group name (it's blank) and it will not save the settings and the error text is empty.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

renesummers

followed this instruction: http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/downloads-by-user
The created by should be filled in 'displayed' of the current logged in user... not show all the users in the system from the drop-down...
how to I do this?

•  

ColinM

Hi
In regard to your first posting you must fill in the ranking value as say 123. By design  jD ignores UGs with a zero ranking.  jD uses the the UG settings of the UG with the highest ranking to of the User goups that the user is a member.
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You asked
Quote"The created by should be filled in 'displayed' of the current logged in user... not show all the users in the system from the drop-down...
how to I do this?"
To automatically get jD to set the current user as the creator then in the relevant UG Settings - Group Creation/Editing Settings tab then in the 'tick box settings 'untick' the 'Created by' field. 
jD makes the logical assumption that if you asked the question then the the user creating the Download needs to be able to select or change the user.  It is not always the case that users may create their own Downloads :) but there is no reason why not.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have modified the documentation a little to clarify when users are creating own documents.
Presently we are working on a new major release which amongst many other aspects will make this easier.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

renesummers

Great.  If you need a beta user for the new release, I'd be happy to work with it in my test environment.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please keep a lookout on the jD site for a notice
Colin
Colin M
  •