News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloads failing

Started by G0HXT, 12.07.2019 18:14:24

Previous topic - Next topic

G0HXT

jDownloads Version 3.2.64
Joomla! 3.9.10
PHP Version 7.2.19

Hi everyone

Since the upgrade I'm getting this error on all downloads on the front-end (I changed the path to read xxxxxxx in the text below):

Notice: Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 157

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 160

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 165

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 177
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Was this since you upgraded to Joomla! 3.9.10?
Do you have a site backup?Did you install an extension just before updaing Joomla ?  Or after updating Joomla ?

Is your site Multilingual? 
Did you install the 3.9.9 update?
We have not tested on Joomla! 3.9.9 or 3.9.10 yet but will do so very soon. Expect to skip the 3.9.9 update!!!

There was  a 3.9.9 and then almost immediately 3.9.10
Colin
See https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5774-joomla-3-9-10-release.html
Colin M
  •  

G0HXT

Hi Colin

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes to backup, I have had the extension for a few years on our site.  We backup before upgrading anything no matter how small.

I upgraded to 3.9.9 and then upgraded JDownloads.  After that we upgraded to 3.9.10 but a little while after.

I can't say whether the extension failed at 3.9.9 however, things have moved on since reporting this.

With the Joomla logging set to Default everything works fine, when at maximum I get the error.  Additionally I get the "Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in" everywhere on the site when the logging is higher so I think the issue is not with JDownloads.

I will continue to play but right now everything is fine with the logging set to default.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just for info could you please tell me which version of PHP you are running.Presently we are working on a new major release of jD and are recommending moving to PHP 7.x
Colin
Colin M
  •  

G0HXT

Yes we are running v7.2

I think 7.3 is due out if not already there.
  •  

G0HXT

Done some more testing and I think there is a bug in JDownloads.

I fixed the other errors I was getting but I get new errors when I increase the logging to maximum and try to download an attachment.

Looking at the server this file - com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php does not exist, I do have a jdownloader.php in that directory.

Here are the errors shown to the user in the frontend when logging is at maximum:

Notice: Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/abcde/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/abcde/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 157

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/abcde/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 160

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/abcde/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 165

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/abcde/public_html/plugins/system/nomad/nomad.php:38) in /home/abcde/public_html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php on line 177
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The Maximum setting for the error reporting level is over zealous.  It checks to see that one is not using a construct that is 'not the best'  and it requires very strict conformance to many perefectly acceptable sequences.
These are not bugs
QuoteLooking at the server this file - com_jdownloads/helpers/downloader.php does not exist, I do have a jdownloader.php in that directory.
Were you looking in admin?  It is definiteley in site partComponents/com-_downloads/helpers

What is nomad ?  Is it the URL redirection with multiple home opages?  Think that is the 'challenge' as it looks like nomad is outputing headers and that is what jD needs to do.
But these are not real 'error'
Colin
Colin M
  •  

G0HXT

Hi Again

Thanks for the update, at least I can report to you that JDownloads is fine on 3.9.10 works well :-).  I expect I would have had the same issues on previous versions of Joomla but never had to wind up the logging.  In my case I have to prove to the hosting company the original problem was on their server and then, as they didn't know what to do, they migrated me to another server.

Thanks for your help.
  •