News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permission issue

Started by sripoll, 08.06.2019 15:26:55

Previous topic - Next topic

sripoll

Hi,

Having transferred my site to a different hoster, I get the following error "Upload root directory /public_html/jdownloads does not exist".
Meanwhile the directory exists and has the correct permissions (0755).

What may I miss here ?

Thanks and best regards.

See attached screenshots : error message, site directory hierarchy as seen from FileZilla.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
go to the configuration tab Downloads and type in the correct new absolute path in the field Upload directory path
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

sripoll

Thanks for your reply.
This is what I did.
The download absolute path seems correct (displayed in green). However the immediate subdirectories still are displayed in red, although the root path has been correctly modified as a consequence of setting the upload directory path.

See attached screenshot n°1.

On the front-end side, I can see my downloads but none can be accessed. An error message is displayed when attempting to download a file, stating the file is non-existent.

See attached screenshots  n°2 and n°3.

Any clue on what is going on ?
Best regards.
-- Stéphane --

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
OK you need to append /jdownloads to give the absolute address to the jdownloads directory
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Juthamas

This article is very good. I like to read a lot.
  •