News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Alternative to PayPerDownload?

Started by diwou, 23.05.2019 19:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

diwou

Unfortunately PayPerDownload is useless. It seems to be very easy to overcome without paying. I already had contact with the developer, but there was not really a solution.

That's why I wanted to ask if there is any alternative to linking JDownloads and PayPal?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I have never used this extension really so I can not say anything to this.
I also have no knowledge of other providers so you should search another via Google or/and Joomla extension directory.

It can be that we will offer later this year a simple 'cart' extension for jDownloads (with PayPal option) together with the new coming jDownloads series 3.9.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

diwou

That sounds wonderful. It would be fantastic if something would come in this direction!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
alternate could you maybe use a commercial extension like MijoShop. It seem to support also jDownloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

diwou

The problem with these feature monsters is that you have an enormous effort to offer a file for 50 cents. That's not in any relation.

Especially since you can build a shop system directly. You only have to hire a few people for your private site to take care of it full time :-)

I look for a fancy small simply solution. But there seems to be either only such minimal solutions, which are then so cumbersome that it becomes then again a gigantic expenditure. Or you almost have to install SAP to offer a file for a small fee.

There seems to be nothing in between. At least nothing that one could afford as a private site operator.

Therefore the idea sounds very tempting, if there would come a small shopping cart, incl. PayPal integration.
  •