News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

SEO Tree module

Started by elmarco, 08.05.2019 11:18:32

Previous topic - Next topic

elmarco

I have been busy for days now to get the links in the tree module to SEO.

In the main windows the link is: https://elmarco.nl/bestanden/category/10-test-1 <- the correct link
In the tree module the link is:    https://elmarco.nl/component/jdownloads/category/10-test-1?Itemid=148

when I click on a link in the tree module, it takes the default template instead of the assigned template for downloads. As a result, the layout of the page is incorrect and there are missing module that are assigned to the download template.

Does anyone know how the links in the tree module can be converted to the correct SEO links?
Thanks in advance
  •  

ColinM

Hi
At present the Tree module uses the old style links.  In the next major release of jD it is intended to use the Joomla! 'modern' links throughout.

The only diference I can spot between the two sites is the absence of the modules on the right hand side panel.When you added the tree module and the one titled Nieuwste Bestanden did you set the modules to show on all pages?
ColinPS the SEO rating is not affected much by the link style these days as other factoirs are more significant
Colin M
  •  

elmarco

Hi Colin. Thanks for your comment.
I use gantry 5 and have to indicate at the template at which menu item which template should be displayed. I think it will work if I make a menuitem for each category. I don't like that because I really have to adjust the templates for every change in the category structure.
Do you have any idea when the next release will be?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We are working on the beta version of the new series which is provisionally jD 3.9 series.
Timescale is difficult to assess. Twice as long as half of it is accurate but not informative!We will be seeking testers.Colin
Colin M
  •  

elmarco

"Twice as long as half of it is accurate" LOL
that is not really long, but also not soon. I would like to register as a tester, but I think I don't have the number of visitors for that. My website is more a hobby.
In any case, thanks again for the response.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Number of users is not a criterion for being a tester - it is one of interest.  You would be most welcome, every pair of eyes spots different things!  If you would like to take part then send a PM to Arno.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

elmarco

•