News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Editing nav. on category view does not refelct on subcat.

Started by 0petey, 18.04.2019 02:52:44

Previous topic - Next topic

0petey

Tried to look for similar issues - forgive me if I mssed them.

I have edited the navigation on the category view to match the style of my site.
But I cannot for the life of me figure out why this change does not reflect when digging down into subcats.
No matter where I add the code, the default navigation shows up.

I'm using "Standard Categories Layout v3.2" and have removed the header nav. and added new nav to the footer. Works fine.
But clicking a subcat, still contains the header. I have tried to add to subcat layout, define the "Standard Categories Layout v3.2" to be used for subcats, added to "Standard Categories Layout for paginated Subcategories 3.2" - none of it works. I have even tried to comment it out whereever I found it, to see when it would disappear and it still seems to show up.

Same goes the the file list. Only when i go to the actual download page can I add the navigation.

Running Joomla 3.8.12 and JDownloads 3.2.64

Could anyone explain the logic behind this and point me in the right direction?

reading: "http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-layout-is-used-where" did not make me any wiser...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
jD uses the header part from various active layouts in different situations.  This is a little confusing at times.Just looked at my article on this and yes it could definitely could be better!  In the default layouts all the headers happen to be identical.

Basically if you want a different Header then you need to change the header code in all your active layouts, one in each section.That is Categories, Category, Files, Download Details, Summary and Search.

ColinPS On the next major version the layouts are better oganised and Subcategories have replaced the Paginated ones in Categories.

Colin M
  •  

0petey

Thanks for the reply.

Seems I might have been thrown off by the "Email" layout which is how it's referenced in the Danish translation in the backend. This does indeed seem to reference subcats instead so now things are beginning to make sense.

That seems to be the one used in my subcategories and I never considered changing that one. I'll proceed with testing, seems this may be the solution to my struggles, else "I'll be back". Thanks  :)

I would like to restyle other areas - like download button, but this style code is contained inside the {url_download} variable.
Could this be safely edited somehow?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad the layouts are making more sense.
QuoteI would like to restyle other areas - like download button,
The download buttons are completely styled in css.  The relevant css is in <your-site>\components\com_jdownloads\assets\css\jdownloads_buttons.css  which is accessible .  The generated code for an orange button is typically<div class="jd_right jd_download_url_position" style="">             <a target="_blank" href="/<your ref>" title="Download" class="jdbutton jorange jsmall">Download</a></div>The example uses classes jdbutton jorange and jsmall.   So if you include modified versions of those classes in the jd custom.css then they will be used.  I would suggest you do not change the classes in \jdownloads_buttons.css as it may get overwritten in an update or upgrade.  The contents of jdownloads_custom.css is never changed by jD.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

0petey

Thanks - i was hoping to just be able to change the

Quoteclass="jdbutton jorange jsmall">

part to another class already in my template CSS, but can make do with the other option. But I have tried to add the CSS class to custom CSS as "jdbutton" to override the standard "jdbutton" class but it does not kick in. Seems I might have issues with changes in general, as file extensions I add to be allowed in frontend per user group does not kick in either, I have added docx for instance, but still receive error when uploading that file type from the frontend. The fields I have chosen in the config to be hidden in the form, still show up as well. Is something wrong with my installation - any ideas where to look?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sounds to me you may not have set a Ranking value in your User Groups
And remember it is the highest rank UG that someone belongs to that takes effect

Have sent you a PM

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Was a combination of Ranking and Permission setup - now sorted
Colin
Colin M
  •