News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Monitoring duplicates and/or incomplete

Started by linkedla, 16.04.2019 21:33:55

Previous topic - Next topic

linkedla

I have uploaded via FTP this:
Cat 1: 626 Files, 281 Folders/CategoriesCat 2: 566 Files, 169 Folders/Categories.JDownloads monitoring tool found 789 Downloads in 245 categories.
How can I make the monitoring tool run again and make sure it catches all the files? how can I also make the component create thumbnails for the images in the downloads section?
Also How can I delete the duplicated categories it made.

Thanks in advance for your help.Regards.J.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you should read at first the documentation about monitoring.

Quotehow can I also make the component create thumbnails for the images in the downloads section?
You mean the file symbols? See pic. With this setting is automaticly use the correct symbol.
When you want to create thumbnails from image files read this.

QuoteAlso How can I delete the duplicated categories it made.
Duplicated categories? Normally not possible. Tell me more about this issue.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

linkedla

About the duplicated Categories, I was misunderstanding the component, it was my bad, not possible as you stated above.
I am uploading all images by FTP and all files and categories are ok, now I only have a problem, I need to recreate the thumbnails for all the 1,259 Downloads in 295 categories, well only the ones that are images in JPG or PNG, I do not activate the PDF which are a very few, and I have like 10 that are .ai.

I did activate the automonitoring, selected yes in the required field, please see the screenshot and let me know how can I do to create the thumbnails.

Thank you very much for your help.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
your settings seems for me to be correct. But a few hints:
- normally should be the image view size greater as the thumbnail size 
- the recreation will start first when you save this setting
- but the time to create more as 2000 pics is a big job and need a lot of time. So it can be that you get problems with timeouts. So you should create at first a backup from the folders and database. Read also the hints in the documentation about thumbnail and image creation. Check also your server settings then this should not be to restrectively.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Because you are creating pics which is processor intensive I would suggest you do say a few hundred at a time.
Colin
Colin M
  •