News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show sub Categories in Root View

Started by msabbagh627, 15.03.2019 12:18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

msabbagh627

Hi,

First of all thanks for your wonderful extension. JDownload is awesome!

I want to show the subcategories of each category shown in Categories Layout. I think there is no short code for that, so I started overriding the Layout. But he fact is that in the categories\default.php I cant find our how to get the subcategory's title of each category that is being read.

Can anyone give me a clue about that?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Presently when jD shows a Category it only shows those sub categories immediately beloew that level.Is ti that you want to show all the sub cats in the entire chain?
If so please look at the Tree module - it is decribed in
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tree-module
Colin
Colin M
  •  

msabbagh627

Hi ColinM,

I know about the tree module, but I needed the code to see the sub categories under each category, which I finally wrote a code to do that.

Unofrtunatly I see no developer documents in your site and that is bad. Giving the developers some documents in order to extend the ability of JDownloads can help your team. In this way you can upgrade the version easily.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The code is of course in the zip file containing jD.  Bot sure what you mean by Developer Docs.Most changes are in the Layouts. The front end parts are all located in site/views/.. with various subdirectories dealing with the relevant code that in most cases ends up 2 layers deeper in a file called default.phpThis actually conforms to the standard Joomla Component model

Maybe you could post the changed code and then Arno can look - adding some pics of the before and after would help
Colin
Colin M
  •