News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

change a gallery file after the publication deadline

Started by andrezones, 22.02.2019 19:48:17

Previous topic - Next topic

andrezones

Hello, is it possible to automatically change a gallery file after the publication deadline?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes it is, just upload the new file either in backend or from front end (requires user to have Joomla create and edit permmissions).ColinPS you can also set it as modified to show users it is updated.PPS please ask again if you need more detailColin
Colin M
  •  

andrezones

Hello Collin, thank you for responding.
I am Brazilian and because of the translation the question was not correct.
I want the file test.zip, change categories automatically after a date.
Example:
The file test.zip was published in the category "online" from 01/01/2019 until 02/01/2019. After 01/02/2019, the test.zip file switches to the "Offline" category, automatically.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is a challenge!  There are two ways to do this reasonably simply.One way is to use the Batch facility in Downloads to move selected items from one category to another - but not really automatic as you need to remember to do it. :(
The second way is automatic but requires more work with each upload.  First suppose you have a Category called 'Holding' into which you put all Downloads.  This category could be set so no regular user has access to view it.
You now create two Downloads, one in Category "on-line" with start and end publish dates as approppriate and the other download in "off-line" with a start publish date say one month later and no end date.In each case you set the Downloaoads to come from another Category using the 'holding' category as the source in the 'select file from other Download'.  See attached pic.   This will then effectively switch automatically.  On a period basis you could the delete the unpublished Downloads in the "on-line" category.
Perhaps not as automatic as you would ideally like but it saves having two copies of the downloadable file

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

andrezones

Thanks Collin, "automatically" is too complex for an ordinary user, I will even do manual
  •