News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with upload downloads?

Started by sdslav, 19.02.2019 12:56:38

Previous topic - Next topic

sdslav

Hi there,

I have the following problem:
I have installed jDownloads on Joomla! 3.9.2 and configured Categories and UserGroups according the instruction. Initialy I have little trouble to adjust User group settings but finaly succed with little exception.

I want to allow registterd users to be abble to create downloads - usually PDF files. I created special group and give it the needed permision to upload and fill the data fields in upload form. Unfortunately when a registered user click on "Save" button, an Error: "Save failed with the following error: Invalid Parent ID" shows.

After that If I check the Downloads in the corresponding category I see that the file is uplouded succesfuly and I can open/download it without anny problem... but this error message confuses my coleagues ?!

I try different options in UserGroup, but still with no succes. I supose that the error may occur due to unpropriate settings of the Joomla, but I am not sure?!

So, could you give me an advise what can be the reason this error appears?

Thank you in advance!
  •  

ColinM

HiI will try to help
The error you are reporting is actually a Joomla! error report, not a JD error.  So perhaps there is a permission "confusion" or maybe the Assets table is 'confused'.
It has the name "JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_SAVE_FAILED". Apart from being in the Languages it occurs in 8 places in Joomla!
In order to assist I would need Super Admin access to your site.  To send that securely please click on the whitish square with a tail just below my name.  I will then be able to check your permissions setup and also any assets issues.  What is the name of the User Group who are pemitted to upload?  I usually use UploaderUG but the name is unimportant.
Another thought did you try to upload a preview file at the same time?  Or did you also set to upload from another website?

Incidentally did you use a Deny permission anywhere?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sdslav

Hi again,

If there are others with that problem, please refer to this solution - > https://joomla.stackexchange.com/a/21444
This hack solved the problem in my case.

ColinM thank you once again!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
From what you say it seems the problem is related to FaLang and PHP 7.  Which version of FaLang are you using?  I think the latest version is compatible with Joomla 3.9 and I think since version 3.0.1  Farlang supports PHP7. 
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sdslav

The server using PHP 5.6.39, our website is Joomla! 3.9.3 Stable and the  Phoca Download Version 3.1.7 is installed.

Our web-site administrator refuse to update PHP version because several other web-sites also are hosted on this server and they may stop working if the PHP version be updated.

Im not sure how exactly Phoca is interfered with JDownloads, but the error mesage only occurred when attempting to upload files via JD component. In my opinion, it is more likely to be related to the older version of the PHP.

Now everything is OK.

Regards.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for update
Think you might need to tell your web site admin that v4 of Joomla will require PHP7.
Security support on PHP 5.6 ended last year
Also word press moving to php7

Colin
Colin M
  •