News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom link text

Started by jazzbird, 14.02.2019 18:20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzbird

Hello and thank you for your extension.

I'm using the content plugin to download files directly from articles. I'm wondering if it's possible to customize the text of the download link so that it's different from the name of the download. For example I would like to have the link say Download Handout, pointing to a pdf with another name.

Thanks for any help.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The jD Content plugin presently shows the Title of the Download.  This Title does not need to be the same as the file name in the Download.  So you could rename the Download. 
Might be a bit more flexible if you re-named the Download say 'Display Handout 2019-02-15"  where I have added the date into the title ,or mabe something like "Display Handout - <topic>" where ,topic> is replaced with a suitable text.  This is for when you have multiple handouts.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jazzbird

Thanks for your answer. A bit disappointing. So I guess I can't just insert a click here link but must display the actual download name. Ok, I'll work around that. Perhaps an option to consider in future updates?
Best,
Andre
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes I will add it to the suggestion list
Colin
Edit   See http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=11462.0
Colin M
  •