News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Select a file from other Download' in frontend

Started by dyfrig, 12.02.2019 10:39:41

Previous topic - Next topic

dyfrig

I would like to be able to allow an user (with Publisher role) to 'Select a file from other Download' from the frontend as I can in the administrator backend.

I have checked the Permissions and there does not seem to be an option for this. as shown in the screenshot attached.

If this is not currently possible please take this as a suggestion/feature request.

EDIT by Colin  added extra pic to show backend capability

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is not available in front end so have moved to Suggestions
Colin PS also added a pic to your post
Colin M
  •  

dyfrig

Thank you - It's as I feared.

I thought I would explain why I need this facility and hope that will persuade the developers to prioritise the suggestion.

I use jDownloads for a Town Council's website.  It's a bilingual website so downloads need to be shown on both versions of the site.  Various documents (e.g. agendas, minutes, audits, budgets etc) are uploaded by the Council's staff for the public to download in accordance with the Council's open government policy.  I was hoping that the non-technical staff would not need backend access. The system is fine for documents when there are separate versions in the 2 languages however if the document is either bilingual or only available in one language (e.g. an external audit) then I can create a download in one language, uploading the document and then when I create the corresponding download in the other language I can simply Select the file from the other download.  The council staff cannot do this from the frontend which means that they will either have to load the same document twice or will need backend access.  Neither is ideal.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The addition is not that straight forward so the adding same file twice is probably the best short term solution.
Presently we are working on the nect major jD series so it ios a good time for additions - but at the same time we are quite busy.  But I will bring it up.Colin
Colin M
  •