News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Support for piwik?

Started by carpaking, 18.01.2019 08:49:53

Previous topic - Next topic

carpaking

Hi all, I use JDownloads and I want to connect it to my analytics tool : piwik.
I want Piwik to record each downloads. But I don't know how to do that. Can you help me please ?
Thanks ;)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I have no experiences with this script. Maybe should you post it better in the piwik forum.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

LUCiD

Hi there,

as far as I know, Matomo (formerly Piwik) is recording downloads automatically, but I guess only if it is a direct link to a file. But you can add a css class to the generated download button / link as described here. I dont know where in the jD files the link / button is generated (e.g. for the placeholder {url_download} in the jD templates), but I think Arno can clarify that. But altering the jD files isn't a good idea, cause after an update the changes are gone and you have to do it again and again.

Another solution I could think of, is to defining a goal in Matomo, where you can use regular expressions for URL patterns, to catch and record the downloads as a goal, if a special URL pattern is matching (with Firefox you can use the Network Monitor to find out how the URLs for the downloads looks like).

I have not testet nor done it by myself, cause the protocol of jD is sufficient for me. If you need a better advice than this, I think it would be more helpful to ask it at the Matomo community, like Arno said already.
Best regards / Beste Grüße
  •