News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

permission issues

Started by dave247, 06.02.2019 23:39:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dave247

Can anyone help me out trying to update jdownloads and it's not allowing me to do this due to permission issues I have corrected one of the permissions to 755 but I cannot find the other folder it's mentioning I will attach a photo of the folder!

This all started due to not being able to get Jcomments to show up so I thought to try to update Jdownloads. hope someone can help me out!

Error I'm getting when trying to  install Jdownloads is (×
Warning
Warning: Failed to move file: /tmp/phpPf2TVj to /com_jdownloads_3.2.63_J32.zip)  not too sure if I need to remove the old jdownload first as I do not want to lose all the jdownloads I've already set up.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
what is your currently installed version from jD?

To find out your temp folder see the pic below.
About update procedure: it is not required to uninstall first the jDownloads extensions.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

dave247

Thanks for getting to me! My installed version is jDownloads 3.2.62 I have already tried to uninstall it but it failed! All downloads are still working and showing up on the site but I cannot do anything anymore with them! I've attached a video for you to see!

•  

dave247

just tried again to install jdownloads and its installed gave me an error but it said installed ok so I can not get to the structure again. only trouble is I'm still unable to set up the Jcomments as it will not show up or I do not know the right way to set it up correctly.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quotejust tried again to install jdownloads and its installed gave me an error but it said installed ok
Excuse me but your informations confused me. You could not uninstall the component but could re-install it again. But with an error (which one ?). Maybe could be login data for your backend useful (via PM).

By the way, could jyou solve the temp folder issue? Is he now marked as writable?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

dave247

not sure what you mean! :-) why does jomments not show up in articles? I have added this code to it but get nothing showing up only the code on the front end.  {jcomments on}
  •  

Arno

Quoteonly the code on the front end.  {jcomments on}
Have you activated the content plugin support in the jDownloads configuration? See pic.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •