News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permission Issue

Started by bassi, 21.01.2019 18:37:32

Previous topic - Next topic

bassi

Hi,
I'm having a problem with a file.
I explain better:
I created some categories and sub-categories with more and more files.
I set the permissions for each category and files.
The last file gave me a problem, probably caused because I moved the folder from a category to another.
I checked the permissions and all is ok but the users that try to download the file receive the message:
"You don't have the permission to download this file"
Any solution?
Thank you in advance.
Vito
  •  

ColinM

Hi Vito
How did you 'move' the file?  Was it using the site File Manager, by FTP or...Note A Download consists of o lot of database info, possibly pictures and usually a downloadable file.  jD knows where the file was located from its entry in the database but if you moveit outside jD then the database is 'upset'!!So I suggest you delete both the old entry and the new one using jD, and then re create.
If you do want to move a Download then in backed  use the Batch button on the Downloads
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

See also pics to check the permissions easy. Use also the hints here (but must still be updated for the Joomla 3.9 version).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •