News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom fields on a multilingual site

Started by ciklon, 20.01.2019 21:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hi,
There is a problem displaying custom field groups and custom fields when creating download on multilingual site . The problem is that - on submit-file page  all custom field groups and custom fields displayed regardless of language selected in the administration and regardless of  submit-file page language.
I think it's easier to understand from attached screenshots.
I attach a screenshots of custom fields when creating article.
To be continued...

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This appears to be a Joomla! problem as it is appearing with articles - so it will also happen with jDI did find this which is about language overrides and custom fileshttps://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=962450
ColinPS I am not at all familiar with multi language sites :( :(
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi,
As far as I noticed the problem in joomla is only for groups, the fields are displayed correctly.
  •  

ColinM

Ciklon
OK I will see if I can find any hints!! Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I'm happy that we have a user which can really test also the multi language part. Very importing!  8)

Since I will get from ciklon a backup from his test page shortly, we can then easier understand the problems. Colin I will send you a copy from it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ciklon

I think this write from me may be not be essential. More importantly, it would be a possibility to translate the field groups labels and  fields labels themselves so that 1 field can be used in several languages, as was the case with JD3.2 .x
  •  

Arno

I think it should be important to use (when possible) the same structure and technics as Joomla self it use  with articles. So I will try it with Joomla as next to checck the differences. Or did I misunderstand you now?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ciklon

Yea, it's really nice to do everything right (as in Joomla articles). My thought was: How would one  field be used in several languages?

Example from JD3.2.63

•  

ColinM

Hi
This seems to be a general Joomla! multi-language problem with fieldgroups and fields.Please see all the discussion in https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/18396
It looks as if it is 'solved' but not sure if it has made any release update yet. But just seen it was apparently fixed in Joomla 3.8.3https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/commit/35b95f54aa95ded6393ae37576d5a10812f00f1c
In https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/18536
Issue: An item (article in that case) tagged to ALL languages is displaying all fields tagged to specific languages.The Change is: When an item is tagged to ALL languages, only display custom fields tagged to ALL languages as well as custom fields tagged to the Active language.
From the discussion my interpretation is as below but I may have misunderstood!!
The problem seems to be about if you set some Fields or Fieldgroups with language set to All, some Fields/FieldGroups to say German and others to say Bulgarian. Then in an article whose language is Bulgarian will show those fields/fieldgroups whose language is Bulgarian AND those fields/fieldgroups whose language is All.  If you show an article whose language is say French then you will only see those Fields/FieldGroups whose language is All.
It would seem to me that in Multi Language setups one would probably not use the Language setting All.  Rather just use the Specific languages supported.I can see this is a challenge however as one would want the answer to be the same, but in a different language, in what is effectively the same field.  That is if we had Field called Colour in engish that had a value of Red, then the corresponding French field called Couleur would need a value Rouge.

Which one is shown depends on the Active language.

ColinPS may the {en-GB} and so on could be used???
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Thanks Colin for the hints. But it confused me.
The posted links are from Nov. 2017? So it should already be fixed in 3.9?
Or has ciklon tried to use it in a wrong way?  ::) :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Yes I was a bit confused myself!!  The mods are in latest Joomla!
It is the use of the All languages that can create the problem.  I will be investigating further.If one has multiple languages then during creat/edit one should hopefully see a tab for each language so that consistent responses may be made.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi,
I think Joomla only Field Groups don't language associated. I did a few tests only on the article submit page and the file submit page. I created groups and fields as I have included the abbreviations in the language to which they are oriented in the texts. The custom fields in Jdownloads submit file page do not target the language to which they are associated.
Possibled to translate the field groups labels and  fields labels with Overrides.

You can see the tests of the attached video. I hope you get clearer.

•  

Arno

I have tested it today again and for me it seems the problem is solved.
So I will close this topic.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •