News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Support for piwik?

Started by carpaking, 18.01.2019 08:49:53

Previous topic - Next topic

carpaking

Hi all, I use JDownloads and I want to connect it to my analytics tool : piwik.
I want Piwik to record each downloads. But I don't know how to do that. Can you help me please ?
Thanks ;)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I have no experiences with this script. Maybe should you post it better in the piwik forum.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

LUCiD

Hi there,

as far as I know, Matomo (formerly Piwik) is recording downloads automatically, but I guess only if it is a direct link to a file. But you can add a css class to the generated download button / link as described here. I dont know where in the jD files the link / button is generated (e.g. for the placeholder {url_download} in the jD templates), but I think Arno can clarify that. But altering the jD files isn't a good idea, cause after an update the changes are gone and you have to do it again and again.

Another solution I could think of, is to defining a goal in Matomo, where you can use regular expressions for URL patterns, to catch and record the downloads as a goal, if a special URL pattern is matching (with Firefox you can use the Network Monitor to find out how the URLs for the downloads looks like).

I have not testet nor done it by myself, cause the protocol of jD is sufficient for me. If you need a better advice than this, I think it would be more helpful to ask it at the Matomo community, like Arno said already.
Best regards / Beste Grüße
  •