News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Using Jdownloads Latest Module, need only icon for download

Started by raul1233, 15.01.2019 01:24:36

Previous topic - Next topic

raul1233

Hi, this is a great tool for downloads, but infortunately I need a specific requirement that a week of efforts have not been able to solve.

Im using the module Jdownload Latest, I want to display only the icon for the download, without title or any information, it means, I choose "Number of Downloads" = 5 in Jdownloads Latest and just want to see 5 icons in list mode and be able to download with that icons only.
Thanks.
  •  

Arno

This should be possibe easy. I will try it later and post it here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

HiSorry to but in but if you are I think you can do this with a revised layout in an article.To do with the module itself then it mwill probably need a new parameter which is not a bad idea anyway.One can always use the Regular Labs 'Articles Anywhere' if needed

please see articlehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules.
So basically it is just a case of setting the layout appropriately.  A variation of Files Layout Single line should doPresently this has the code<div class="jd_content_wrapper">
<div class ="jd_clear {featured_class}" style="width:100%; padding:3px 0px; ">
      <div class = "jd_left" style="">{file_pic}{file_title}{release}{pic_is_new}{pic_is_hot}{pic_is_updated}</div>
      <div class = "jd_right jd_download_url_position" style="">{url_download}</div>
      <div class="jd_featured_pic" style="">{featured_pic}</div>
      <div class="jd_clear" style=""></div>
  </div>
</div>

If you create a copy of that layout and change the code to<div class="jd_content_wrapper">
<div class ="jd_clear" style="width:100%; padding:3px 0px; ">
      <div class = "jd_left" style="">{file_pic}</div>
  </div>
</div>

Please see pic of result
ColinPS before editing layouts please see articlehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/editing-a-layout

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Please use the (unzipped) file below and copy it in the /tmpl folder from the jDownloads latest module. Afterwards select this file in the module option Alternative Layout and deactivate all not required output options. The symbol size can you also define in the settings.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •