News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Joomla user group not showing in Jdownloads

Started by svherpen, 31.12.2018 19:35:28

Previous topic - Next topic

svherpen

Hi guys,

I'm running on Joomla 3.9.1 and Jdownloads 3.2.63 with PHP 7.2.13

I created a new Joomla user group (Sprekersplanning) as subgroup of registered user group and was expecting this to be available in Jdownloads to use as acces right control group for a new categorie.
But it does not show there, only the few groups which I already had before I upgraded to Joomla 3.9.1.

And then the strange thing is that this newly created group does show up when in Jdownloads I view the Category User Right information.
I've attached two screens to explain (although the text is in Dutch I think you'll get my point).

I'm I missing something that causes this not to work anymore?

Regards,
Sjaak

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you read the documentation - especially about RankingFor example http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used
Actually there are several articles relating to User Groups inhttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissionswhich may be useful

Basically if the jD Ranking of a User Group is zero then jD ignores that UG.   The ranking is needed to solve the many to one 'challenge' so as there is certaintity about which UG will be used when creating from the front end.
Happy New YearColin
Colin M
  •  

svherpen

Thanks for the tip, this helped me solve the issue.
  •